corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » "Third Party" insurance, advice needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author "Third Party" insurance, advice needed
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
6th Jun 04 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi guys jus need some advice with insurance as i dont know much about it

good quote from Admiral, all mods declared...but over next few months im saving up for some more mods but i know it will bump up the premium...so

as its only 3rd party fire and theft...would it really matter if i declare it fully/accurately because..

1)if i have accident and its other persons fault then my car is sent to other persons insurances garage for repairs and my insurance wont check my car neway
2)if it is my fault then coz its 3rd party my insurance wont even look at my car let alone repair it,right?
J da Silva

6th Jun 04 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1/if its their fault, you claim off their insurance, you get a pay out and you get the car repaired yourself

2/ if its your fault, your insurance company pays them out, you have to sort your own damages out of your own pocket
MoNkEy MaGiC

6th Jun 04 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm i see.....

so in TPFT i dont have to worry to much to the extent that i declare my mods then, because their wont really be any time were the insurance company will check my car.....

i mean obviously big mods like rims, exaust, bodykits n major engine mods i will tell them...but its stupid e.g they charge me more if the car is lowered "more" than 50mm, or tinted "more" than 30% i jus wanna make sure i can get away with it and be on safe side

[Edited on 06-06-2004 by MoNkEy MaGiC]
Black Corsa SRi

6th Jun 04 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you may be able to but insuance companies will do anything to get out of a claim. There has always been debate on here, some people saying dont declare mods, others saying do. I would declare them, then if the worse happens they have got no excuse to get out of a claim . Cause if your insurance is void for not declaring mods you'll get done for driving without insurance. Plus one other point you saying about not declaring your car being lowered but i've found this is the one thing that insurance companies make a really big deal about when i've been after insuance! no idea why but they do! some companies wouldnt even entertain insureing me cause my car lowered
MoNkEy MaGiC

7th Jun 04 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for advice "black corsa sri"

yeah i understand what your saying mate, insurance companies are cunts, im not risking anything so i will declare it all

i WILL declare its lowered, BUT not tell them "exactly" how much as i want to lower it about 55mm!!! and they wont insure me and say i need to ring them if i wanna lower more than 50mm!! which is jus stupid!! but i guess ringing them and asking wont hurt,they may only charge a little more or just want more detail thats all, but if that 5mm makes like £50-£100 difference then fcuk that!
Kris TD

7th Jun 04 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even if they dont pay out for yours they can still invalidate the insurance. tell em.
Black Corsa SRi

7th Jun 04 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoNkEy MaGiC
cheers for advice "black corsa sri"

No probs!
Mark Petty

7th Jun 04 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoNkEy MaGiC
hi guys jus need some advice with insurance as i dont know much about it

good quote from Admiral, all mods declared...but over next few months im saving up for some more mods but i know it will bump up the premium...so

as its only 3rd party fire and theft...would it really matter if i declare it fully/accurately because..

1)if i have accident and its other persons fault then my car is sent to other persons insurances garage for repairs and my insurance wont check my car neway
2)if it is my fault then coz its 3rd party my insurance wont even look at my car let alone repair it,right?

I thought the same that due to being 3rd party only it doesn't matter about declaring mods. But it is a bit risky so now I have declared all mods so i feel a lot better

New Poll