corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Bonding

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bonding
H13X JW

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 04 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure this has been asked b4 but can't rememba the answers that were given. I'm bonding my arches bck on to avoid the old problem with the bolet heads on bigger wheels etc. Afta loosing one on the motorway on the way home from the donny show wen i used silicon i need a new product to stick 'em on with. Also could you tell me where to buy this sorta stuff from? Cheers ppl, Alex
neiliosxi

22nd Jun 04 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tigerseal mate, i got some if u want to pop round
Keithie

22nd Jun 04 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed, use tigerseal and she wont budge
1600power

22nd Jun 04 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tigerseal, sikaflex, etc aslong as its a sealent/adhesive it will be fine
neiliosxi

22nd Jun 04 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just have to ensure that the surfaces are roughed up (sandpaper) then cleaned and that the arch is held in place with masking tape, overnight if possible!
H13X JW

22nd Jun 04 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers ppl, looks like it's gonna b tigerseal for the job. Neil m8 i hav to w8 for the car to finish in the bodyshop b4 i bond them on but i will U2U you wen i get it bck for the stuff (Much appreciated btw) Mite get a2h to come with me cos he knows where u live i presume. How many of the tubes will i need? can i get ne extra from B&Q or sumwhere like that?
AdiSRI

22nd Jun 04 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 tube will do the job, u can only get it from automotive paint suppliers, b&q, halfords etc dont sell it.
neiliosxi

22nd Jun 04 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate i have plenty here, u never know when it will come in handy. The nearest place to sell it is 25 miles away in bishop auckland! will talk pennys when u come round! just let me know and ash will bring u thru or i will go to his!
H13X JW

22nd Jun 04 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorted bud. Will get in touch as soon as my car comes bck (Hopefully lookin better than wen it went in) and of course i hav to persuade ash. Oh btw i thought ur car looked v.smart wen u were @ pickerin. Only stopped for a short time @ the corsasport stand tho to tlk to ash, think u were sat in ur car. U happy with it then?
Kris TD

22nd Jun 04 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or use windscreen mastic, its the same stuff.

New Poll