corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » wat a job!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wat a job!!!
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   24th Jun 04 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got to call everyone in the yellow pages... to see if they wanna advertise on our site instead

1500 pages... 10 - 15 companies on each page...

so many to call..

so if your in the york yellow pages you will here form mee soonish..

Robbo

24th Jun 04 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet 98% say fuck off
chris_uk
Premium Member

24th Jun 04 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rob... i bet 99.9% say fuck off..

so people who are in charge of advertising in your company tell me and ill ring u and sell u stuff
Tom

24th Jun 04 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's your site, and why would they would a mailer not be more effective (cost and resource) seen as though there are 15k odd companies phoning will take u all year, have u even got the contact names and have you got the correct ones

Can you tell some of my job involves prospecting lists
chris_uk
Premium Member

24th Jun 04 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically.. in short.. we have over 37 million people everymonth looking at the site.. mainly coming through google searhcing for differnt products or services in a town..

i.e. 'design agencies in leeds'

we come top of google and so do 200,000 other searches

and in effect about 400 poeple on average would look at that business every month.. you do the math..

for £99.99 fuck all if you think about it.

Mailer - No we havent started advertising yet..

[Edited on 24-06-2004 by chris_uk]
Tom

24th Jun 04 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
basically.. in short.. we have over 37 million people everymonth looking at the site.. mainly coming through google searhcing for differnt products or services in a town..

i.e. 'design agencies in leeds'

we come top of google and so do 200,000 other searches

and in effect about 400 poeple on average would look at that business every month.. you do the math..

for £99.99 fuck all if you think about it.

Mailer - No we havent started advertising yet..

[Edited on 24-06-2004 by chris_uk]

So ringing people up is not telephone advertising it would be much more cost effective and less resource draining and also probably more succesful doing a mailer to all the companies in yorks with more details on than a phone call would allow etc.

chris_uk
Premium Member

24th Jun 04 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know what your saying but we are concentrating at teh moment on certain industries that are getting more than 500 visitors to the site amonth. (wedding services is what im doing now)

what do u do?
Lynny

24th Jun 04 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i feel sorry for whoever pays the phone bill - it'll be almost as high as mine
leeshez

24th Jun 04 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You better not ring my brother his is P****d of with yellow pages putting in wrong advert and wrong phone number twice so if you ring him and he is rude you know why. He is not in york area but don,t ring any how
Tom

24th Jun 04 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
i know what your saying but we are concentrating at teh moment on certain industries that are getting more than 500 visitors to the site amonth. (wedding services is what im doing now)

what do u do?

I work in a marketing team, mostly research but some prospecting lists, samples etc.

We got online tools for finding those, targeting certain trades by SIC number (standard industry classification) and these can be much more lower level
Colin

24th Jun 04 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just now im sending out application for payments to all our suppliers for all the fuckups they made which cost us money so far this year!.....sent out about £50k's worth so far today
Tom

24th Jun 04 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kolin
Just now im sending out application for payments to all our suppliers for all the fuckups they made which cost us money so far this year!.....sent out about £50k's worth so far today

Prolly would be more £500k if u wern't on here all day

I've sent out cheques for millions b4
Colin

24th Jun 04 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by Kolin

Prolly would be more £500k if u wern't on here all day

I've sent out cheques for millions b4

lol probably

I dont send out the cheques for millions.....only take them in here

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » wat a job!!! 22 database queries in 0.0127711 seconds