corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Key Activated Alarm/Deadlocks

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Key Activated Alarm/Deadlocks
Black Corsa SRi

User status: Offline
27th Jun 04 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car has the factory fitted alarm that is activated when u dead lock the car. I've been having problems with it where if the car gets hot inside, ie on a sunny day the alarm starts randomly going off. i at 1st thought it was the motion sensor in the interior light unit as these work off a diaphragm and i thought it could be expanding in the heat so i disconnected this but i still have prob and cant fault find it.

I'm going to france in a few weeks and taking my car and its gonna be hot (hopefully!! LOL) and my cars gonna be left for ages when at beach and stuff and i dont want alarm going off all day so I want to stop it being acitvated when i dead lock the car, i still want the dealocks to work cause i figure those along with imobiliser should be safe enough the vaux standard alarm is hardly great anyway, was just wondering if anyone knew how to disable it from activating when u deadlock. I'm gonna have a look in the haynes but i assume they wont give wiring diags etc of alarm system cause it not very good for security if they do. i still want the dead locks to work just wonna know if anyone knows how to do it?

Cheers in advance for replies, sorry for long post

Rob
broster
Premium Member

27th Jun 04 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just lock the car with the key, wont that work?!
Voyto

27th Jun 04 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But it activates on the key. cant u just disconnect the siren?
Black Corsa SRi

27th Jun 04 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
just lock the car with the key, wont that work?!

it'll lock witout the dead locks by turning the key 90 degrees but if u wonna deadlock the car u have to turn the key through 180 degrees and doing this automatically acitivates the alarm

quote:
Originally posted by
VoYtO LeViCh

cant u just disconnect the siren?

no because the siren is also the horn the alarm just basically repeatidly sounds the horn so i wouldnt have a horn then

oh and u see what i'm really worried about is the aarm runnig the battery flat by keep going off, it literally every few mins once it starts! LOL

[Edited on 27-06-2004 by Black Corsa SRi]
Black Corsa SRi

27th Jun 04 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone know?
Black Corsa SRi

28th Jun 04 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last bump if not i'll have to go to my last resort of taking the horn fuse out when i leave the car fo long periods i the heat! LOL
of_corsa_sxi

28th Jun 04 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have an sxi and got my alarm when i got my loan. i got it fitted by vauxhall and i assume its the same as the SRi's. i parked up earlier and when i came back, the alarm light was flashing. why does the alarm go mental when its hot?
Black Corsa SRi

28th Jun 04 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure why mine does cause i've illimiated this pob from mine but most of the time its becuase some motion sensors work off a rubber diaphragm that and the diaphragm expands when it gets hot inside the car so sets the alarm off! LOL

New Poll