corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » changing engines?????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author changing engines?????
corsa356

User status: Offline
   27th Jun 04 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite. i have a 1.2 8v engine in my n reg 2 door corsa b. Its shite and i want a bigger engine. I dont want anything massive cuz i cant afford the insurance. was looking for summert around 1.4 i just need to know everything ill need to put the engine into my car using the gearbox thats already in it. will i have to change ecu? can someone post a word file so i can print it off and work thru that??? cheers!!!
Siberia

27th Jun 04 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

feck all the messing around with it. drop it down to lee mitchell 700 quid for a 1.6 conversion. that is a bargain!
Mav 3000

27th Jun 04 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But you'll need to get the 1.6 yourself
HeNdie

27th Jun 04 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ave got a 1.2 8v pritty slow let me know if you get it done and how it goes corsa356, ta
corsa356

27th Jun 04 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, just been talkin to my dad, he seems to think that the blocks for the 1.2 and 1.4 are the same, and all that is different is the crank and the rods (long and short stroke engines) so i think im just gonna get a new crank and rods, get the head skimmed (maybe use a 12V head) and get a multi point injection system and uprated ecu. down the scrappy should be able to get the lot for £150. do all the work myself no probs!
Adam-D

27th Jun 04 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i changed it from a 1.48v spi
to a 1.6 16v mpi engine isnt hard to do

Siberia

27th Jun 04 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa356
ok, just been talkin to my dad, he seems to think that the blocks for the 1.2 and 1.4 are the same, and all that is different is the crank and the rods (long and short stroke engines) so i think im just gonna get a new crank and rods, get the head skimmed (maybe use a 12V head) and get a multi point injection system and uprated ecu. down the scrappy should be able to get the lot for £150. do all the work myself no probs!

this will not work

12v head is for a 3 cyclinder engine
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jun 04 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally I'd just change the car, cheaper to insure and you'll sell the car easier.
Siberia

27th Jun 04 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mav 3000
But you'll need to get the 1.6 yourself

as far as i'm aware that 700 included the engine
mike_1.2LS96

27th Jun 04 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa356

I changed mine from 1.2 to 1.4 spi. The blocks are the same, but bore size is different obviosly. you can't change the crankshafts and rods and expect them to work, they are identical in both engines.

I got my engine for £100, you just need to find someone who is selling it out of their car and pick it up and fit it. Less than 2 days work, only cost me new oil, timing belt and few new tools.
mike_1.2LS96

27th Jun 04 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want to make it mpi, buy from an SRi but will cost a little bit more.
j0hn

27th Jun 04 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck that mite as well buy new car! Only thing is money issue obviiously!

New Poll