corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » White rally wheels on my ride?

Poll: White rally wheels on my ride?
  Stick with what I have
  16" White MO's
  15" White MO's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author White rally wheels on my ride?
TOMAS

User status: Offline
12th Jul 04 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should I stick some nice rally wheels on my motor? Im feeling Compomotive MO's but cant decide! Going with a big motorsport/fast road theme on my wee 5door with cage/stripped rear to come...

BIG reason also for this is that I could get narrow 6" et49's so I would have plenty of clearance and could then run even shorter bumpstops in my new coilovers to give me even better handling.
Anybody with arden blue with white MO's please give us a pic or if anyone fancies doing a quick photoshop i'd be very gratefull - cheers

[Edited on 12-07-2004 by TOMAS]
mentalcorsa

12th Jul 04 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do it will look good when the rest of the cars sorted tom
sigibbons

12th Jul 04 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like your wheels spend the cash on engine
TOMAS

12th Jul 04 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wad is sitting safe for the engine/chassis work which should take place later this year . Changing from the Cobra Monaco's I have to a different seat but havent decided - kevlar/GRP moulded with variable cussioning - unlike the Monaco's which I just cant seem to get used to.

The wheels I have are pretty nice, been told that they do suite the car well but if I could get narrower it would be much better. Could keep it all stealth behind the tints - full cage, mechanical extinguisher....
mav

12th Jul 04 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

15 or 16 mo's... class wheel
j0hn

12th Jul 04 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

compo's r quality iv got a pic of em on my mobile i saw em on a saxo yest and luv em
j0hn

12th Jul 04 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u sed quick photoshop here ya go dont laff

haha not bad for my 2nd phtoshop!
j0hn

12th Jul 04 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try squinting...
starkmotorsport

12th Jul 04 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personnally dont see the point in spending all that money on a 5dr.

As a track car, the major issue is handling - which will be limited due to having a huge ammount of weakness in your 5dr shell. Buy a cheap 3dr shell and strip it like jr/PaulW and start from there.

Otherwise you'll spend a fortune on your 5dr, get it out on the track and then realise this yourself.
j0hn

12th Jul 04 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hes got a car hes doing it up wots the problem y do u lot always not see the point in anything he prob loves his car no matter if its 5 dr or 3 dr anyway its different than most of us cos hes got the guts to do up one!
TOMAS

12th Jul 04 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I may as well find out then, as everything is removeable and will go straight onto a 3door...
It will be different for sure but your pretty much stating the obvious about it being a 5door, crap blah blah...
Oh and also what do you mean huge amount of weakness? It has an extra set of pillars over the 3door, same floorpan etc so where's the weakness? Oh you mean the holes it has for the back doors, well theres no real chassis strength in those areas on the 3door.

Cheers for the shop... it looks pretty coowel IMO

[Edited on 12-07-2004 by TOMAS]
Nath

12th Jul 04 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good but your car isnt very rallye looking. I'd say change the wheels but not for rally ones.
TOMAS

12th Jul 04 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it isnt is it, suppose if it was a solid colour i.e red/white and stickered up they would look the part? Not getting speedline's as every Corsa round my way seems to have them - quality wheel though.
jr

12th Jul 04 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by starkmotorsport
I personnally dont see the point in spending all that money on a 5dr.

As a track car, the major issue is handling - which will be limited due to having a huge ammount of weakness in your 5dr shell. Buy a cheap 3dr shell and strip it like jr/PaulW and start from there.

Otherwise you'll spend a fortune on your 5dr, get it out on the track and then realise this yourself.

Nath

12th Jul 04 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TOMAS
Yeah it isnt is it, suppose if it was a solid colour i.e red/white and stickered up they would look the part? Not getting speedline's as every Corsa round my way seems to have them - quality wheel though.

Yeh a white GSi with white comps would look awesome
starkmotorsport

13th Jul 04 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by j0hn
(What he said)

Its a forum...he asked for our opinions, so Im sharing my advice with him - hopefully to stop him wasting money. If he didnt want critisism then he should only ask his Mum.

quote:
Originally posted by TOMAS
Well I may as well find out then, as everything is removeable and will go straight onto a 3door...
It will be different for sure but your pretty much stating the obvious about it being a 5door, crap blah blah...
Oh and also what do you mean huge amount of weakness? It has an extra set of pillars over the 3door, same floorpan etc so where's the weakness? Oh you mean the holes it has for the back doors, well theres no real chassis strength in those areas on the 3door.

As most are aware on the forum, I build and help prepare rally cars most weekends and have done for years. Competition cars are welded up to gain strength and structure - so having two huge holes in the shell isnt good news. Your 5dr shell is most definately weaker than a 3dr shell. The money you will spend trying to strengthen your shell, you could have almost two 3dr clubman shells built. Its not financially worthwhile and even if you do pull it off, nobody will care as they will all tell you exactly what Ive said.

Please feel free to waste your money on whatever you like, but motorsport is certainly not cheap and the money you will loose on your shell could be better spent somewhere else.
Kris TD

13th Jul 04 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but he isnt going to be racing it, tomas said motorsport "theme"
ed

13th Jul 04 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think he was just going for a motorsport type theme. The thing i'm confused about though is having a stripped out rear on a 5 door - you do mean no beack seats right
j0hn

13th Jul 04 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prob do a 5 door to 3 door converstion mite look phat?
TOMAS

13th Jul 04 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my god, im only asking about wheels, how have we even got onto shell's or competition use for that matter!? when i said chassis work I only meant seamwelding/plating the engine bay!
j0hn

14th Jul 04 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

critical corsasport members
starkmotorsport

14th Jul 04 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You were talking about improving the handling and strengthening the chassis...we gave you our views.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » White rally wheels on my ride? 22 database queries in 0.1577408 seconds