corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any1 had Cruicate ligament replaced???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any1 had Cruicate ligament replaced???
Forever_Hatter

User status: Offline
   18th Jul 04 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hiya peeps,

Just wondered as i know alot of u guys and girls can b rather sporty, Just wondering if anyone has experienced this op?? Had keyhole surgery but need full replacement op is on 5th august

Just wondered kinda recovery time u had?? and how un mobile u peeps where??

tis gona kill me not being able to do no gym work etc for a while

cheers
Karen

18th Jul 04 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poor baby James. Dont wory Ill come make u better!
Marc

18th Jul 04 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant you just buy a new lock?
Forever_Hatter

18th Jul 04 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awwww thanks kaz

quite possibly a new lock wud do the trick, altho quite painful where do u suggest?? b&q? or wilkinsons??

[Edited on 18-07-2004 by 1.6 16v]
Marc

18th Jul 04 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barnetts
Forever_Hatter

18th Jul 04 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oi oi, dont u stick ur out @ me Mr unless your gona use it
Greg_M

18th Jul 04 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to my knowledge (bsc sport and exercise science) the cruiciate ligamnet is a long recovery time, as its basicly the ligament that hold everything together. it goes accross the inside of the knee.

didnt know you could replace it, how did you do it
Forever_Hatter

18th Jul 04 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i had many problems with knee so far, its the medial one also which runs on inside of leg, basically at present my knee rocks out of joint when turning

basically they have to take fibre out of my thigh hamstring and use the fibres as ligaments which are then screwed to femur and shin bone(canny remember currect name)

all done by a tackle from behind (no jokes )

[Edited on 18-07-2004 by 1.6 16v]
Greg_M

18th Jul 04 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that will be weak as fuck. screwing in ligament tissue, wtf. yod be better off getting rid of the scar tissue and letting it reform itself while the legs in plaster
Forever_Hatter

18th Jul 04 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i hope it wont, wana get back to full fitness and playing again

they normal try repairing it with a arthoscopy(keyhole) but apparently is damaged rather bad

Darren M

18th Jul 04 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will take a very long time!!!

i didnt have mine replaced but i snapped it playing footy, the stretched the ligament and was then sewn back together.

After that the ligiment is solid and you cant bend your knee, i was in a cast for 6 weeks then 4-5 months of theropy, every week you will be able to bend your knee back a bit more, but it does take ages, also hurts like hell!!

i had to take a whole season out from football and do loads of training, mainly running up and down a big hill
Forever_Hatter

18th Jul 04 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had aimed for fitness to b up by crimbo, better think again

gona b bored shitless
Darren M

18th Jul 04 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your maybe not as bad mate if the whole ligament is being replaced, as i had to re-stretch mine which took a while.

after my operation i was stacked to the eye balls with drugs to kill the pain.

whats the drug like heroin they use for pain?
Peaky

18th Jul 04 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hiya

I'm a physio & have worked with quite a few people with cruciate ligament damage/replacements etc. It really depends on the person from what i've seen.

Usually, its the bending & getting the knee completely straight thats a problem at first (plus you'll have a lovely juicy swollen knee!), you'll prolly feel very stuck-in-the-middle. Don't worry though because with the right amount of work at it & effort then these things will happen. Then you'll have to work on strengthening again because your quads & hamstrings will have fallen asleep with the lack of 'normal' work going on in there.

You will prolly have to use crutches at first & then whoever is training you will gradually wean you off them & should get you training on a treadmill back to normal (if they have one).

I've seen people take ages to make progress & i've also seen people make a lightening recovery, you'd never know what happened to them! Thats why I think it depends on the person.

On average i'd say about 3 months before you train again. Of course this depends on you and whatever it is you want to return to! You may be back way before then.

Good luck to you .
Forever_Hatter

18th Jul 04 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers fellas

nice to know from experience. I had physio on knee before for osgoods sclatters (sp) and had to rebuild muscles etc, im eager to get back to full fitness as soon as poss, so hopefully i will push myself!

thanks again peeps
J da Silva

18th Jul 04 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im on the mend from doing mine ages ago, i was in backslab for a few weeks, alan smith (ex england physio) sorted me out pretty quickly, was back on my feet in time to do my LET, although while i was doing it i was hobbling round the car a lot. still cant play competative footy till next feb/march

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any1 had Cruicate ligament replaced??? 22 database queries in 0.0072989 seconds