corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Nightschool/CAD

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nightschool/CAD
Tom

User status: Offline
21st Jul 04 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone know what the chances r of me doing a CAD course in nightschool without being in a 'CAD' type job at the time, i.e. would I get accepted and could I theoretically finish the course without work based training?

Reason i'm asking is because I think i'd enjoy it and I know i'd like the money
PainZ

21st Jul 04 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

somone on the board does CAD,

draws up petrol stations etc etc
Tom

21st Jul 04 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I know a couple of ppl who do it but not very well (one was away with us tho ) earning big silly money (camparatively) £550 a week after tax
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Jul 04 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shouldn't be a problem Tom, I used to share a staff room with the guy you need to phone
Nismo

21st Jul 04 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used allot of cad at college , tis very good , im sure you can do an evening course somewhere.
Jules S
Premium Member

21st Jul 04 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahem,

I am a CAD (architectural desktop) manager

no Idea about night classes tho' brunel college Brizzol (technical) used to do a course
Tom

21st Jul 04 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Shouldn't be a problem Tom, I used to share a staff room with the guy you need to phone

Oh eye? Name, number, please **gets on knees**

Do you know the cost etc, do I get discount for

A. being young?
B. knowing you?

Tom

21st Jul 04 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by benny_h
Ahem,

I am a CAD (architectural desktop) manager

no Idea about night classes tho' brunel college Brizzol (technical) used to do a course

Do you enjoy it and does it pay ok?
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Jul 04 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The guys name is Jon Marshall but anyone who answers the phone should be able to help, 252 4748. There might be no-one there in which case you need to just apply either on http://www.liv-coll.ac.uk/ or at any LCC building. Cost is either 170 or 210 ish depending on level and no I personally can't help with price, sorry.

Centre Office might be able to suggest something, there are forms you can fill in to see what freebies you're entitled to.

[Edited on 21-07-2004 by Ian]
micra_pete
Premium Member

21st Jul 04 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i design roads and such, it is good money, interesting stuff too normally, with night school you pay your money and go, you will get on the course
Jules S
Premium Member

21st Jul 04 at 12:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You may get £550/week after tax if you're on contract...depends what discipline you in.

It aint just as easy as knowing CAD tho' you need an application knowledge too ie architecture, mechanical, electrical, aviation etc etc otherwise you'll just be tracing/scanning which a/. doesnt pay as well and b/. is shit boring

and when I say CAD manager, im primarily a senior architectural assistant moneys good but obviously a lot more college than a bottom end CAD man....

But hey, i Taught myself CAD. It aint that difficult really
Tom

21st Jul 04 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by benny_h
You may get £550/week after tax if you're on contract...depends what discipline you in.

It aint just as easy as knowing CAD tho' you need an application knowledge too ie architecture, mechanical, electrical, aviation etc etc otherwise you'll just be tracing/scanning which a/. doesnt pay as well and b/. is shit boring

and when I say CAD manager, im primarily a senior architectural assistant moneys good but obviously a lot more college than a bottom end CAD man....

But hey, i Taught myself CAD. It aint that difficult really

Kewl, well I might have a word with this lad I know and the college Ian suggested see what route they think is best into a career in CAD if I have to take a pay cut then I will depending on length of training and potential etc

Ian, cheers for your help i'll give them a bell

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Nightschool/CAD 22 database queries in 0.0150061 seconds