corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Just saw a car chase in Moscow.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just saw a car chase in Moscow.
Drysdale

User status: Offline
   23rd Jul 04 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got back from a trip to Moscow. Beautiful city and so much going on. Everything is cheap over there e.g. 25 roubles for a 20 pack of Marlboro Reds (about 15p!).

Was staying in Hotel Ukraine (4 star), right in the centre of Moscow near the Kremlin and Red Square. Its the 3rd largest building in moscow. Was all good. Then this happened...

Was looking out of my hotel window on the 10th floor overlooking the main river and bridge/highway to the right of the hotel and saw a convoy of Mercedes AMGs, BMW X5s, Audi S3s and Escalades ALL black, and ALL with limo tints sprinting down the hard shoulder of the bridge/highway. There must have been 6 lanes on the highway in both directions and this convoy must have been going 140mph +

About 10 seconds later a convoy of about 10 marked and unmarked russian police cars with sirens followed at similar speeds.

Finally, about 10 minutes later I saw quite a few ambulanes going in both directions along the same stretch of road. Asked a few people about it in the morning and apparently it was the russian mafia involved and quite a few people were injured.

On a side note a day later I saw the same types of 'mafia' cars parked out the front of our hotel. All parked up together, many people in suits and colourful shirts standing in circles and looking a bit edgy.

Very exciting stuff! Does anyone know of any websites that go a bit more indepth about the mafia cars and russian/moscow mafia?

Was a good trip and really exciting. And the amount of gorgeous women I saw was un-countable! Russian women are
Je11ybubb1es

23rd Jul 04 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://gangstersinc.tripod.com/Rus.html
CorsAsh

23rd Jul 04 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with the Russian women bit, you wanna try St. Petersburg tho, theyre even better there

When I was in Moscow, stayed in the hotel Rossiya (the one behind St. Basils Cathedral), more like a knocking shop than a hotel tho
Drysdale

23rd Jul 04 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep also went to St Petersburg earlier on and agree the women there are jaw-dropping. Amazing. The blokes aren't exactly blessed with good looks which is even better if you're on the pull! Lots of prozzies though.

Wish I could have filmed that car chase.
CorsAsh

23rd Jul 04 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you go on the overnight train to Moscow then? Some scray shit goes on on that... You have to tie the door shut as people bribe the guards, they unlock the door and spray anaesthetic gas into the room... result, you wake up seriously ill and with nothing left

Might have changed since I went, but that was a favourite...
A_Venables

23rd Jul 04 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fookin hell!, sounds nice, great niebourhood with exciting nightlife, as a estate agent would put it!
Adam

24th Jul 04 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Drysdale
Just got back from a trip to Moscow. Beautiful city and so much going on. Everything is cheap over there e.g. 25 roubles for a 20 pack of Marlboro Reds (about 15p!).

Was staying in Hotel Ukraine (4 star), right in the centre of Moscow near the Kremlin and Red Square. Its the 3rd largest building in moscow. Was all good. Then this happened...

That the one over looking the brick floor bit going away from the church thing and Lenin's tomb?
Drysdale

24th Jul 04 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CorsAsh - yep the overnight train was a bit scary Tiny cabins. We heard screaming over the tanoy and the lights flicked off. We made an unscheduled stop at a station in the middle of nowhere and thats when I shit myself.

Adam - We were about half a mile from Lenin's tomb. We overlooked the moscow river, the russian white house etc
CorsAsh

24th Jul 04 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam
quote:
Originally posted by Drysdale

That the one over looking the brick floor bit going away from the church thing and Lenin's tomb?

No, that's the Rossiya where I stayed if I understand your directions...
Adam

24th Jul 04 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standing next to St Basils (the church on Red Square) facing the river, and look left and it's about 200m away?
CorsAsh

24th Jul 04 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, thats the Rossiya - Big letters on it look like POCCUA...
Adam

24th Jul 04 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep, got a pic somewhere but can't find any of my moscow pics
CorsAsh

24th Jul 04 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the background here... ah, the memories...

BTW, not my photo...
Adam

24th Jul 04 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye, that's the one
drunkenfool

24th Jul 04 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw a car chase through Hereford once, police chasing this sky vision van thing. We moved out the way to let the police car through, (heavy traffic) and wondered why this twat in the transit van wasnt gettin gout the way Found out from a mate that it was a drugs bust, and the van was full of coke and weed
Drysdale

24th Jul 04 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better view than my hotel! mine was basically the other side (i.e. behind the camera). Brilliant place. Reccommend it to anyone and the beer/whatever is dirt cheap there.
Adam

25th Jul 04 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cost me £4.40 for 200 Marlboro, which is less then you pay for 20 over here now, shame you can only bring back 200
Drysdale

25th Jul 04 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol....yep mate of mine bought 1200 and we helped him out by splitting them between our luggage. Only cost him about £15!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Just saw a car chase in Moscow. 22 database queries in 0.0129180 seconds