corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » My Next Car :)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Next Car :)
Happy_2008

User status: Offline
25th Jul 04 at 02:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am hoping to buy a CTR in august moving up from my little 1.4 corsa sport. Its gonna cost me around £12995 but i am hoping to haggle the dealer for £12,500 on a silver CTR 52 Plate with air con etc with 18500 miles on the clock. Do you guys think that this price is good ?????
vibrio
Banned

25th Jul 04 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no offer 10k even that is over priced

best to look around and see what other prices you can find. have a look in autotrader to see what private sales are going for.
Happy_2008

25th Jul 04 at 02:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right i need some ideas here please. How do bankers draft work??? My friend says that they are a form of cash?? also when i am buying a car from private or dealer, i obviously pay them but what documents should i receive from them???

Do i need the little note of the bottom of the log book signed by the seller?
corb

25th Jul 04 at 03:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do some research, see if the dealer has the car advertised somewhere cheaper than the screen price on the forecourt. Arrange a deal at the screen price, minus some sort of haggling. Then, once youve got everything you want in the deal, and get down to the figures on the paperwork, say 'Hang on, isnt this car advertised at £xxxxx in/on xxxxxx paper/website'
Icy

25th Jul 04 at 03:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought u alredy bought one
leeshez

25th Jul 04 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knock them down on the price
Robbo

25th Jul 04 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Happy_2008
I am hoping to buy a CTR in august moving up from my little 1.4 corsa sport. Its gonna cost me around £12995 but i am hoping to haggle the dealer for £12,500 on a silver CTR 52 Plate with air con etc with 18500 miles on the clock. Do you guys think that this price is good ?????
Yes that is a reasonable price... my 8mth old 53 Black (best colour) with a/c, 6 cd & 9.5k went for £15,750 so I'd say thats a fair price
Je11ybubb1es

25th Jul 04 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Happy_2008
Right i need some ideas here please. How do bankers draft work??? My friend says that they are a form of cash??

they are nearly guaranteed forms of payment. they are like personal cheques only drawn on the bank (so where it would normally have your name it has 'for and on behalf of lloyds tsb). the reason they are not completely guaranteed is they can be stopped (only if they are stolen or lost in post). they are as good as cash in most circumstances

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » My Next Car :) 22 database queries in 0.1899610 seconds