corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » wiring for front speakers??? how to feed thru door grommet??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wiring for front speakers??? how to feed thru door grommet??
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
26th Jul 04 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do i feed new wires thru the rubber gromet near the door hinge for new speakers??

i tried opening it.....it unscrews and inside is a plastic adaptor with like electrical pin connectors in it???

[Edited on 26-07-2004 by MoNkEy MaGiC]
drunkenfool

26th Jul 04 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drill through one of the connectors, but make sure it isnt one being used!
MoNkEy MaGiC

26th Jul 04 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh i see,

so no point trying to use any of the existing spear pins?? probly loose quality?
Voyto

26th Jul 04 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got mine threaded through the hole on the inside of the door and then run the wire straight downwards, pops out by the speaker if you stick ya hand inside if that dont make sence ill get a couple of pics
ed

26th Jul 04 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoNkEy MaGiC
oh i see,

so no point trying to use any of the existing spear pins?? probly loose quality?

You could do that I suppose, shouldn't loose too much quality, not that peoples ears would be sensetive to notice that sort of difference anyway... The way I'd recomend is to drill through and run the wire straight through it, far less complicated, unless you really really need to be able to get your doors off in a hurry...
MoNkEy MaGiC

26th Jul 04 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thanks a lot guys, i just made the holes for the pins bigger and sqeezed the wires through
Charlie12345

30th Jun 08 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how can you tell if a wire isnt being used there are so many wires on mine i have a 3 door 1999 corsa EPAS and no electic windows i have central locking and door speakers well wiring my tweeters as ive amped the components.

So which colour are the wires?
Do i cut a wire on what side?
Help i want to fit footwell neons and electric windows.

New Poll