corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Coilovers fitting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Coilovers fitting
ed_jones

User status: Offline
29th Jul 04 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how easy is it to fit these or is it a pro job and how expensive are they to fit. my mate who had a suspension kit fitten on his gsi cost him around £75 a wheel just to fit them!!!!!!thatw as a gmax kit. im after the fk coilovers the same as kris td posted about and was wondering wat and how they are like to fit and what prices are involved in fitting them?
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Jul 04 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its slightly more complicated than regular struts, plus you need them setting at a particular height.

You'll also need to track the car which is most likely not a job you can do at home.
PaulW

29th Jul 04 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Its slightly more complicated than regular struts, plus you need them setting at a particular height.

i found they were easier to fit than regular struts to my old corsa, but the height thing I just counted the threads to equal amounts either side & then added 2 more threads to the total on the side of the 'box & battery to try equal it out & seemed ok
Siberia

29th Jul 04 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure u get the camber right when yer fitting
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Jul 04 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know of a few people who didn't get construction of the top mount right, its usually less easy to see how it fits together.
Siberia

29th Jul 04 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ and just to make life harder theres is absolutly no instructions with these at all
ed_jones

29th Jul 04 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great fun it sounds, i would probably get a mechanic or someone like that to do it as although i like to do stuff my self i feel safer wen parts of the car like that are done proffesionally as i will be puttin the suspension through some stresses
Siberia

29th Jul 04 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i let 2 garages at mine and the first one who i dodnt pay set the camber completely arse ways

the other one who i payed 20 quid to didnt tighten the bolts that connected the swivel hub to the shock right.

lucky i was driving slow when the steering went all over the place

some garages are right cowboys be carefull.
ed_jones

29th Jul 04 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

demon tweeks would be the best by me but they would charge me alot though, but i would get the service though! i doubt i would let some ordinary gargae do it, i will only let a garage that has handled mods and supension etc before

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Coilovers fitting 22 database queries in 0.0089729 seconds