corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » it was fraudulant

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author it was fraudulant
Ben
Banned

User status: Offline
   29th Jul 04 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i put ma system up on ebay , i recived an email off a guy saying he will pay me £1500, then sent me his card details , so my dad took the card details to his mates business who has a card machine, he put the details in and it went through ok on machine ,BUT the card details are from someone in the USA , but hes wanting it sending to indonesia Which has made me think its a bit dodgy

so once money is in the account is there any way they can get it back? like if it is fraud and the real owner says he did not buy it? or this dude says he aint got it?

what would happen if it had been stolen ? i have his address and also on emails the USA card owners addess, if police got in contact with me would this be sufficiant for me keep the money? or would they take it back?

just because i dont want to get ripped off, what do you advise me to do?

thanks

[Edited on 120102 by Ben]
Joff

29th Jul 04 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could contact the card issuer or your Dad's mate's business should have a merchant account with the bank which can check on the status of the car.

Failing that, wait about 6 weeks to see if you get a letter from the bank about a declined card.
Ben
Banned

29th Jul 04 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what will happen if the bank says the card is declined? will i loose the money?
Ally

29th Jul 04 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will probably loos the money, give ur bank a call to see what could happen e.t.c
KelSE2

29th Jul 04 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the transaction is fraudulent, the guy whose stolen card it is will not have to pay the £1500. The card company willobviuosly try to get heir money back and their next stop will be you. You will have to convince them you were an inncent party in this and direct them to the indonesean connection. I can't say whether they let you keep the money!
Ben
Banned

29th Jul 04 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but surly once the money is in its in? Thing is if he does try to rip me off its long way to go to see the cunt
Ben
Banned

29th Jul 04 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
leeshez

29th Jul 04 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well if you have the money in your hands what is th problem?
Ben
Banned

29th Jul 04 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well tech i do but if they get it back off ma dads mates company then i will have to give him it all back?

i might try investigate it tomorrow
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Jul 04 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They'll ask for the money back, and you'll have a hard time proving that you didn't smell a rat at the time.

I'd personally run a mile.
Nismo

29th Jul 04 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont send it you will loose out its card fraud
Robbo

29th Jul 04 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with Ian deffo stay clear
Matt H

29th Jul 04 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with ian cos he's brainy
Ben
Banned

30th Jul 04 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok , the money has gone into our account , but i still have the system , ive phoned up the card companie and it is fraud , the card has been stolen .He said it was his shop which is going to be my excuse , the credit card company cant just take it off me ,the police will have to get involved .

if i said i sent it , showed them emails and provved i was innocent then what would happen , the fucking indonesian shit head , i have his address , i will inform the police straight away after the card companie get in touch with me

Joff

30th Jul 04 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So HAS the card been stolen?

And you have the money?

The bank will take the money back from you and will probably want the details for this guy.
Give him negative feedback on eBay and re-list.
Ben
Banned

30th Jul 04 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we did it off ebay mate , but he emailed from seeing em .

yeh i have the money , they cant take it back without my permission tho without getting police involved?

they can have his details if they want , can lock the cunt up too while there at it .

might send him the package but instead of a system , a pigs head from local butchers
kinkycorsa

30th Jul 04 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mite be a silly question but why go through with it in the first place if u suspected it was dodgy?

I wud give the money back and report it to the police.

[Edited on 30-07-2004 by kinkycorsa]
Paul_J

30th Jul 04 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben
we did it off ebay mate , but he emailed from seeing em .

yeh i have the money , they cant take it back without my permission tho without getting police involved?

they can have his details if they want , can lock the cunt up too while there at it .

might send him the package but instead of a system , a pigs head from local butchers

Yes!

Cash the money (put it under your bed lol) ... Send a package of a dog turd in a box to his house... re-list your system and sell it to someone else!!
Ben
Banned

30th Jul 04 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i already have the money mate , i wil lpurchase the pigs head tomorrow and post pics of it in the box
Paul_J

30th Jul 04 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this reminds me of a story I read on the net of a guy who was selling a latest spec lap top... and the guy tried to con him... He managed to contact some people online who lived near him and they went and spied on him etc... Took pics of him...

Then he got a bit of cardboard and stuff and made a 'fake' lap top... from bits of junk lol... Posted it to him with the pics of him

Must of made him think WTF? how has he got pics of me when I'm other side of the world... and cussed him for the fact that he thought he had succeeded to rip someone off.

I think the person who took the pics, actually waited outside his place (it was a hair dressers) and watched him open the package
Black Corsa SRi

30th Jul 04 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why bother risking it mate? you say you still got your stuff? then i'd inform the CC company, give em their money back and re-advetise why risk loosig out on the deal, sell it to someone else.
Richie

30th Jul 04 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have let him pay you via paypal lol, then paypal would have had to give the money back
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Jul 04 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
this reminds me of a story I read on the net of a guy who was selling a latest spec lap top... and the guy tried to con him...
The buyer also footed the bill for the VAT when the "laptop" entered the country. Winner
myke

30th Jul 04 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is an awesome story.

http://p-p-p-powerbook.com/
BlueCorsa

30th Jul 04 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, your friend's company's bank will claw back the money for the fraudulent transaction from your friend's company's 'Merchant Account' - they should be entitled to do this under the contract the bank has with your friend's company - no need for police involvement.

Unless your friend's company can provide their bank with a copy of the transaction slip (which shows the customer's card details and signature) and any other evidence that shows reasonable care was taken to ensure that the transaction was not fraudulent, they will clawback the fraudulently obtained funds - especially where the transaction is of a 'Card Not Present 'Keyed' type - as yours undoubtedly will be'.

Best not to risk it - forget your indonesian 'buyer' and relist the goods. Never sell anything to anybody in Indonesia - they are all scamming fuckwits.

Tariq

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » it was fraudulant 22 database queries in 0.0892160 seconds