corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance Matters

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance Matters
Blue_Sri

User status: Offline
5th Aug 04 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a bit of advice to give you about Tesco insurance, like, dont go with them!! I insured my car with them last year and when i got the bodykit fitted i was told that an extra charge of £13.80 would be added to the premium for the full kit, i was gobsmacked to find this was right but happy not to pay over the score. So i said yes to the charge, got my certificate in the door which stated the modifications so everything seemed right, Wrong! Just renewed my insurance with them last month and it seemed wierd the bumped up the price by £160 since last year, now as you all know the price of insurance usually goes down each year. So i asked them why this was, they told me this was because the car had a bodykit fitted to it, but i said this was the same last year so why is it more expensive?? They said "we didnt know the bodykit was fitted, some one has made a fuck up somewhere!" So i was really driving around without insurance for 8 months!!!! On the previous certificate it states bodykit fitted so this means they did put it on the certificate but not on the tesco computers!! Glad i didnt have a crash, it would of voided my insurance! Bloody insurance companys! So in a "Guesture of good will" they have gave me half price insurance for a year, wont be going with them again!!!
jaffa

5th Aug 04 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it was on your policy then ii would of thought they would have to honour it?
Sooty
Banned

5th Aug 04 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

send them a copy of confirmation of policy change when you declared it
Blue_Sri

5th Aug 04 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but not without a fight from them ill bet
Blue_Sri

5th Aug 04 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm gonna send them the old policy, but that will only get me half price insurance, but i suppose it could have been lots worse!!
Blue_Sri

5th Aug 04 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else had these probs with Insurance Companys?
Sooty
Banned

5th Aug 04 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never tbh
G.C.M

5th Aug 04 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my insurance say any body mod is fine, long as i tell em but just cant up engine power

the insurance certificate they sent you is like a legal document, if you did have an accident you can show it to them and they have to honour it, if they are daft enough to take it to court, they would loose as they have give you a legal document with their name/letterhead on.
JUGGA

5th Aug 04 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wtf, why are you complaining?????

i dont undertsand???

its writen on paper about the bodykit so you wont lose out anything...

+ your getting half price insurance, i would be well happy with that lol. end of the day you doen nothing wrong, you told em about the bodykit and its written on your policy.
corsa starter

5th Aug 04 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey half price sounds good to me
Andrew

5th Aug 04 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tesco are shite. They wanted £720 this year TPFT whereas Churchill gave me fully comp and another 5000 miles -- plus parking on the road overnight for £640 and i didn't have to tell a few white lies
James_DT

5th Aug 04 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tesco is so cheap on standard cars BECAUSE they charge extra for all mods. No-one seems to get this.
And if your certificate said bodykit was covered, they have to honour that.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance Matters 22 database queries in 0.0109880 seconds