corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Revision techniques

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Revision techniques
Rob H

User status: Offline
   25th Aug 04 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, its getting on my nerves now.

I have a maths exam at Uni @ 9:30 in to morning that is a resit of one i took in the summer. I failed it in the summer by 2%, which really pissed me off.

If i fail this exam Im still able to continue the course next year, although it apparenlly makes it harder for me to get a better overall mark come the end of my degree, even though the first years results dont contribute towards your final mark, and i dont do this module next year.

Anyway, i started my revision for it yesterday, and have done a grand total of about 45mins revision including todays efforts .

Anyone got any ideas on making me convince myself to do some revision, appart form looking like a dickhead by walking out the 3 hour exam after about an hour cause i cant do anymore? .
R Lee

25th Aug 04 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

revision? whats that?

broster
Premium Member

25th Aug 04 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically i flunked my first year at uni had to do so many resits in the summer, wasted my summer really, pissed myself off as i had to work thru it not have fun go away etc like the rest of my mates, so work hard now then ull be ok next year have time on ur hands to relax a little not working all the time
MarkM

25th Aug 04 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find writing things over and over again means I take it in...also test yourself with a mate as that gets u starting to think of thinks from memory and helps u once your on there....
Rob H

25th Aug 04 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sport16v
I find writing things over and over again means I take it in...also test yourself with a mate as that gets u starting to think of thinks from memory and helps u once your on there....

Would have done the "test yourself with mates" thing, but most of the people i hang about with on the course dont do that module, so im on my own . I wouldnt mind but it was a shit module anyway. The bloke hadnt a clue what he was doing, and the whole organisation of it all was a joke!

Also i flunked the coursework as he didnt go into depth on the principles behind it, but then continued to also base a large part of the exam on the same topic as the coursework!?! .
broster
Premium Member

25th Aug 04 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what maths is it mate? i did maths a level and maths for engineers
Bart

25th Aug 04 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i shouldnt bother mate.
TV looks pretty good tonight.

Rob H

25th Aug 04 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its pretty much that, .

Its a module called moddelling concepts and tools. Basically its a combination of all the alevel sylabus' so that everyones on the same level. Its goes into a bit more detail though by applying some of the theorys to actuall problems.

Heres what my Coursework problem was if you can make sence of it...

quote:

Two tanks are arranged in a cascade i.e. the only inflow to the tanks is into the first tank, the outflow from the first tank flows into the second, and the only outflow from the cascade is from the second tank. Each tank is always full and has volume V m3. Both are initially full of brine of concentration c0 kgm-3. A flow of R m3h-1 of pure water is fed to the first tank.

(i) Develop an equation relating the concentration of salt in the outflow of the second tank
(y kgm-3) to the time (t h) that pure water has been fed to the cascade. Include the full modelling method in your solution. (50%)

(ii) Write a short MATLAB program, which inputs values of V, R, c0, and tmax, where tmax is the longest time you wish to consider, and calculates y for t from 0 to tmax. Plot y against t. Include the program, sample output of it running, and the plot in your solution. (20%)

(iii) Expressing your answer in terms of V only, derive an expression for the volume of pure water that must be fed through the system in order to reduce the concentration in the second tank to c0/100 kgm-3. This should require the numerical determination of the root of a simple equation. Use an Excel spreadsheet for this purpose, copy your worksheet into your solution, and briefly describe the method in your answer. (20%)

broster
Premium Member

25th Aug 04 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats one think i never did METLAB hated it so avoided it lol!!! man how i miss maths a level lol! ill have a look at it and u2u what i would do IF i get a chance. do u need to do this coursework
Rob H

25th Aug 04 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
thats one think i never did METLAB hated it so avoided it lol!!! man how i miss maths a level lol! ill have a look at it and u2u what i would do IF i get a chance. do u need to do this coursework

Its not the matlab part that i hated as im not too bad with that, and blagged the help of others in the group to help me complete it .

Coursework was handed in in May and i got about 20-odd percent for it .

Its just i cant really understand the concepts of deriving the equations for the concentration/time/volume aspects due to him not teaching them adiquatly enough (IMO), so im pretty much buggered .
broster
Premium Member

25th Aug 04 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah man u are lol, i got a wicked book called maths for engineers hoofing think, helped me!!!! thats all i used
Rob H

25th Aug 04 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv'e got a Hoofing Engineering Mathematics text book, but thats just a hoofing big book by Stroud .

'Tis quite a good book and explains things in detail well, just not stuff that i need like the above question .

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Revision techniques 22 database queries in 0.0111430 seconds