corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » willl i need an amp?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author willl i need an amp?
stuarty

User status: Offline
26th Aug 04 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am putting two sets of 17cm alpine components in my door pods and on the doors,as ill be running four of these speakers will i need an amp to power two of them
Dom

27th Aug 04 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so you gonna have two tweeters and 2 mid range units per door?
Whyyyyyyyy?

personally mate, i would have just saved my pennies more and gone for a propper 3 way comp setup (ie: tweeter, mid range and sub) in each door as it would give you far better sound that having two sets of comps per door

Eitherway, yes you will need an amp, as the HU wouldnt supply enough power plus they sound better amped anyways If you do have 2 sets of comps per door, then you could wire them together, to create a 2ohm load, which will help when getting an amp
stuarty

27th Aug 04 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont knowmuch bout sounds just thinking bout what could look good for now whilst playing wi fibreglass,

not bought the other set of speakers yet but thanks for the advice,uve answered my question

New Poll