corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » anyone who cancelled a phone contract early?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone who cancelled a phone contract early?
transca

User status: Offline
6th Sep 04 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone cancelled their phone contract before the 12 months was up (ie just cancelled the direct debit and not paid), what kind of comeback did you get off the phone compnay??
shano

6th Sep 04 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant you get bad credit :S, and they can try and force u 2 pay
kinkycorsa

6th Sep 04 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I called my mobile company today as my contract doesn't run out until 11 oct they said i could cancel it now but had to pay a fiver i think it was
transca

6th Sep 04 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine doesn't run out for another 10 months and i owe 40quid in 2 days for this months bill. it wouldn't be economical for them to take me to court or anythhing just wondering what would happen.
kinkycorsa

6th Sep 04 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can usually cancel it after a few months ring and check not worth getting bad credit over it
Nath

6th Sep 04 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They usually make you pay the remainder of the contract. i.e. your monthly rate X amount of months remaining.

[Edited on 06-09-2004 by Nath]
transca

6th Sep 04 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they can bollocks if they think they're gettin me to pay. £140 cancellation fee they can piss off. if there insurance would have paid out when my phone was stolen then everything would have been ok.
langey

6th Sep 04 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mae couldnt afford his phone bill anyway some one told him to look through the small print in the insurance thats with it, and somehow he coudl cancel it, and the insurance paid it all off till the end of the contract and he had no come back what so ever.

dont quote me on it but i'm sure thats what he told me.
Deekiboy

7th Sep 04 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Say it got nicked and U dnt want another 1 cos U stay in a high Crime area
Cavey

7th Sep 04 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got mine cancelled coz i didn't pay for 3 months, cost me £250 or something they were threatening me with Court and everything,

Didnt happen, but i'd imagine it gave me bad credit.
Mark Petty

7th Sep 04 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't recommend trying to get out of a contract unless u are willing to pay the remander. You can't just stop a contract that you have signed unless u pay up.
Trust me mate if you think you are going to get away with it think again.
They will truely butt fuck you. In years to come you won't be able to get a loan/mortagage anything that involves a credit check.

If I was you I would stick with them for the 10 months.
ROBSTA

7th Sep 04 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

say your leaving the country to work for 6 months and you dont need the phone and see what they say to that
Robbo

7th Sep 04 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
They usually make you pay the remainder of the contract. i.e. your monthly rate X amount of months remaining
Happened to me aye, 3G That said I never paid and they never queried
Matt H

7th Sep 04 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work in a phone shop & we see people getting rejected all the time because of them not paying bills even if its with a differant company

i believe there is a get out clause for if your circumstances have changed but its a tough 1 to argue!
Matt H

7th Sep 04 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ROBSTA
say your leaving the country to work for 6 months and you dont need the phone and see what they say to that

they will probably say tough shit unless you are leaving because you are required too
BlueCorsa

7th Sep 04 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 month outstanding they bar your phone. 2 months outstanding they disconnect you. Long term outstanding account, the debt will be recorded with credit reference agencies and is usually sold on to a debt collection agency (Orange usually use NCO). They will seek to recover the total value of the debt, plus their own costs (they make a profit out of making you pay).

At the end of the day, the phone network doesn't care whether you pay up or not - because they'll get the money by selling the debt on.

Tariq

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » anyone who cancelled a phone contract early? 22 database queries in 0.0097749 seconds