corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Plastic arch coover smoothing.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Plastic arch coover smoothing.
kortas

User status: Offline
20th Sep 04 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has anyone sucessfully removed the plastic arch cover and filled it using lead, fibre glass or body filler?

just thinking about doing mine in the next few months, any pics would be fantastic.

looking at the car it looks fairly simple to the eye, ie removing the plastic arch cover, sanding down the working area using a rough paper, slapping aload of filler in there, then sanding it down to the same shape as the wing, underside looks fairly simple too as there is a lip to square the filler off with. obviously taking care not to fill the area where the bumper joins the wing, i would have to blank that section off using a straight edge or something.

any help would be fantastic thx
Greg_M

20th Sep 04 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kortas
has anyone sucessfully removed the plastic arch cover and filled it using lead, fibre glass or body filler?

why would you want to do that?
J da Silva

20th Sep 04 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im having rally arches made on the next project, but all steel fabricated none of this fibreglass and filler shit you young cahvscummers do, check my fotki for pics, a 78 or steel fabricator is doing it who worked with my dad, 62 years of experience into them

[Edited on 20-09-04 by VenomTurbo]
ikky

20th Sep 04 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv also thought about doin this. what you have to remember tho is that filler will crack,it expands differently when hot and will act different to metal. the best way to do it would be weld the metal on, grind it back and them skim with filler to smooth it, its a fookin hard job
kortas

20th Sep 04 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo
im having rally arches made on the next project, but all steel fabricated none of this fibreglass and filler shit you young cahvscummers do, check my fotki for pics, a 78 or steel fabricator is doing it who worked with my dad, 62 years of experience into them

[Edited on 20-09-04 by VenomTurbo]

thats exactly what i wanted to see, cool thx m8, looks like metal plating is the way to go looks a treat on that sri.

btw im not young chav scum either quite the opposite

[Edited on 20-09-2004 by kortas]

New Poll