corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Exhaust help, some advice please lads

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exhaust help, some advice please lads
Ajones_17

User status: Offline
1st Oct 04 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a full de-cat janspeed exhaust fitted to my car and while i'm very very impressed with the performance gain i got, i'm a bit dissapointed with the sound, it's dead quiet and you can hardly hear anythin from it after 2500 rpm, am i right in thinking this is the backbox as it it very small and whem you look inside the tail pipe it goes really thin all the way through. Would changing just the backbox for something like maybe a magnex jap style cure this and make it roar. Cheers.

[Edited on 03-10-2004 by Ajones_17]

[Edited on 04-10-2004 by Ajones_17]
platty1812

2nd Oct 04 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mums got a mk2 punto with a janspeed exhaust on it and your right its good performance but the sounds really quiet almost o.e
Ajones_17

3rd Oct 04 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah thats same as mine, it made an absulutely massive difference i kill VTR's now whereas they used to beat me. What does everyone think i should then. Should i put summat like a 4inch jap style on it to make t sound decent or what. Cheers.
Greasemonkey

3rd Oct 04 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Magnex back boxes sound sweet as dude, they are tuned to make a real nice deep sound, get one, i got one and love it, although my induction kit is louder
ed

3rd Oct 04 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leave it... The reason why it is like that is because you have an exhaust system designed for the car. If you fit a stupid 'jap can' you will loose back box pressure, your car will sound crap and you will look like a chav.
suchcorsa1.2_8v

4th Oct 04 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Andy mike is selling the new peco stainless steel jap style back boc's. Theyre 4 inch tailpipe wiv a burt tip tail. When they tested it in revs on a rolling road jus the back box alone gave a 4bhp gain on a corsa 1.4 sport. Only problem is they are £150
Ajones_17

4th Oct 04 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinkin about a magnex jap style but the price of universal jap style back boxes is well temptin, would it make much difference in performance then gettin a universal jap style on a full janspeed system, or should i pay the extra money for a magnex bacbox.

Greg_M

4th Oct 04 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

magnatex for a loadish sound, remus for a nice a subtle sound
Ajones_17

4th Oct 04 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is a Magnex worth the extra money then over a universal jap style cos i wanna keep my performance but i want it as loud as i can.

suchcorsa1.2_8v

4th Oct 04 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Magnex is really good quality, but they are quite quite compared to other ones.
Ajones_17

4th Oct 04 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So would i be better gettin a jap style backbox then for sound, cos it's pretty pathetic the noise that the janspeed one makes, a full de-cat exhaust on a 1.6 16 sport should sound louder than that.
suchcorsa1.2_8v

4th Oct 04 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally id go for a jap style. Magnex's give a really nice deep sound but it aint that loud.
Aled

4th Oct 04 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or keep the cat take the center boxes off and voila sweet as fook
Ajones_17

4th Oct 04 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've already got a full Janspeed system and a De-Cat pipe so i think it's just the backbox thats making it quiet.
suchcorsa1.2_8v

4th Oct 04 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/catalogue/product_detail.asp?CLS=ROAD&TLGRP=R005&CODE=PECO_JAPANESE&PGRP=RC018&GRP=RC018&PCODE=PECJP1/303

Thats the Peco JP3. Revs tested a shit load of backbox's on somebodys 1.4 sport off here. When they tested the JP3 on a rolling road just the back box along gave a 4 bhp gain and they reckon it gives a nice sound aswell. Mike had them in at wheelquick its well nice. Didnt have it in though the other when i went ot get me induction kit. Pop in and see if he has one in.
Ajones_17

4th Oct 04 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just want it to roar really, well as loud as i can get it with just changin the backbox. Anyone got a 1.6 16v sport who's got a loud exhaust on.
suchcorsa1.2_8v

4th Oct 04 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not put the simota on?
Ajones_17

4th Oct 04 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sack that off, it well slows ma car down when i put a simota on, and it don't make ma exhaust sound better just makes ma engine mint. I can get hold of a jap style 4 inch brand new for £90 out of total vauxhall.
platty1812

4th Oct 04 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why dont you get a custom backbox they can make it as loud as you want. or some of the rage ones a pretty loud

New Poll