corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My bands been signed!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My bands been signed!
Tiger

User status: Offline
20th Oct 04 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've finalized the details and are now in a partnership with a company called Matchbox Recordings. Our CD's will soon be available around the world through CD Baby, Tower Records and through Matchbox. All our artwork, supply and manufacture is all taken care of now too. This has only just happened and already a compilation is in progress with other bands on the label that will be supplied round the industry. Expect to see a feature of us in NME within the next few months

http://radar.moonfruit.com

Things are looking up

Ben_
Cavey

20th Oct 04 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one

You lot sound all right. It's the "scene" at the moment, so pretty good chance really. Although it's getting a bit full of indie acts recently
Tiger

20th Oct 04 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, thats why we kept our music away from the mainstream indie....we played in Camden on Monday and went down a storm. There was a indie rock band on there and no-one thought they were anything special, but they did say that they like our dynamics and diversity..
Cavey

20th Oct 04 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool

A mate of mine is in a band called Ellis, who are pretty damn good, they've released a few demos, but nothing happened, don't think and they've gone to different unis now.

Hope all goes well for ya, just listened to "Mr.Doe" on the website, good song
Adam-D

20th Oct 04 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whoop whoop
Tiger

20th Oct 04 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Cool

just listened to "Mr.Doe" on the website, good song

Cheers mate! Listen to the last track - theres a hidden track at the end of it......Isis III - I think its my fave song that we play at the minute.
Ally

20th Oct 04 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good Luck
Cavey

20th Oct 04 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It won't play, get on msn and send me some songs.

cavey007@hotmail.com
Tiger

20th Oct 04 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant coz im on dialup til broadband gets installed in 2 weeks...........
Jambo

20th Oct 04 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one your a tiger, grrrrrrrr

Well done mate must be a dream, look out for my red angel
Nismo

20th Oct 04 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done mate all the best.

Can you get me and Jase tickets to Busted we wanna jam
bradfincham

20th Oct 04 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet man! good on ya!

Do you get to go to band camp?
bradfincham

20th Oct 04 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not normally my kind of music but isis and poison ivory!
Good tunes il definately and see you if your my way anytime!

Dads mates used to have a local band called dark horse played for years with robbie gladwell leading who used to be with suzie quattro years ago!

They done a gig a year ago all in there fifties was superb even i enjoyed it!!

Like the kinda stuff you guys play!
Dom

20th Oct 04 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MINT AS lad

and the material on your site sounds good, although they seem to be mastered abit shitly (personal opinion) - vocals always seem to be overdosed on reverb and placed way back in the stereofield (Perfect circle shows this), which makes the electric guitar (and bongos/congas in perfect cirlce) seem waaaay too fordward. Plus the tracks seem to have a tad too much compression on certain instruments, especially the drums and percussion tracks.

however, Mr Doe is a great track - the intro is mastered really well, enough reverb and the backing voxs are excellent, especially the layered voxs. But then it kicks in and vocals sink back abit too much and you let everything else drown it, plus things are oddly placed in the stereofield - but in makes a change from the usual kick/bass and vox in centre and everything else placed around them.

sorry mate, getting abit technical (i get like this when i listen to stuff )....but the music is good mate, and you have defo got in at the right time, good luck with it

p.s - sorry if you get miffed at what i said about tracks, but ive known a few bands/people who have made it and local mags and a few bigs one have ripped the shites out of the mastering etc
Icy

20th Oct 04 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

grats man
chanel

21st Oct 04 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done dude - dont forget us little ppl when you're a famous rock star
waynep

21st Oct 04 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now all u need is a real website

contact waynep@waynep.com for design info etc
Matt H

21st Oct 04 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all the best mate

will d/l your album later. if thats ok with you?
Tiger

21st Oct 04 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
MINT AS lad

and the material on your site sounds good, although they seem to be mastered abit shitly (personal opinion) - vocals always seem to be overdosed on reverb and placed way back in the stereofield (Perfect circle shows this), which makes the electric guitar (and bongos/congas in perfect cirlce) seem waaaay too fordward. Plus the tracks seem to have a tad too much compression on certain instruments, especially the drums and percussion tracks.

however, Mr Doe is a great track - the intro is mastered really well, enough reverb and the backing voxs are excellent, especially the layered voxs. But then it kicks in and vocals sink back abit too much and you let everything else drown it, plus things are oddly placed in the stereofield - but in makes a change from the usual kick/bass and vox in centre and everything else placed around them.

sorry mate, getting abit technical (i get like this when i listen to stuff )....but the music is good mate, and you have defo got in at the right time, good luck with it

p.s - sorry if you get miffed at what i said about tracks, but ive known a few bands/people who have made it and local mags and a few bigs one have ripped the shites out of the mastering etc

The tracks werent mastered at all, they were just compressed and mixed down until we were happy with them........we were all in the studio and the CD sounded great at the time through the true monitors and stuff but obviously everyones stereo performs differently so certain tracks fell away a bit on certain stereos.

To be honest though - we didnt want an overpolished EP because it shows how much room there is for improvement..........This is our 3rd EP now (under different band names) and i think this one is more 'us' than any of them.

What youve said is pretty spot on and the things you picked up on are the same things weve picked up on too.

Cheers,

Ben_
Greasemonkey

21st Oct 04 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha the Charlotte, my local dig, its a bit seedy down there, i love it, Oasis played there before they were famous, might pop down and see ya play
Robbo

21st Oct 04 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey mate thats excellent
Tiger

21st Oct 04 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
Haha the Charlotte, my local dig, its a bit seedy down there, i love it, Oasis played there before they were famous, might pop down and see ya play

Everyones played at The Charlotte at some point....its on the UK circuit. I think weve played there 3 or 4 times now, and at the Abbey Park Festival too.
Richie

21st Oct 04 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-crazy
now all u need is a real website

contact waynep@waynep.com for design info etc

all he would need to do is change the domain name. Design, content ect is pretty good.

shano

21st Oct 04 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done fella loving the tunes on the website, will defo buy ya cd when it comes out
Laney

21st Oct 04 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
We've finalized the details and are now in a partnership with a company called Matchbox Recordings. Our CD's will soon be available around the world through CD Baby, Tower Records and through Matchbox. All our artwork, supply and manufacture is all taken care of now too. This has only just happened and already a compilation is in progress with other bands on the label that will be supplied round the industry. Expect to see a feature of us in NME within the next few months

http://radar.moonfruit.com

Things are looking up

Ben_

Are they sorting out tours and promoting you, or are they just putting your CD out?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My bands been signed! 22 database queries in 0.0148239 seconds