corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Sub in Wheel Well

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sub in Wheel Well
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Oct 04 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to get a sub, and place it in my wheel well as i have taken the wheel out and i dont really want to lose the boot space.
Questions:
Do I Dynamat the whole wheel well and build a false floor and just mount the sub in it or will it have to be sealed? or
Build a box to fit in the well or
Make a fiberglass mould to the well that could be removed (read this sumwhere ?

I have a infinity amp
specs: 75 watt RMS, 2ch amp. 220 watt RMS bridged power output

Was looking at the Perfect 12s but then theres no point as that runs 350W RMS and the amp only goes to 220W so I looked at the 1030W
Specs:#10" subwoofer. Dual stacked magnets.
#250w RMS/ 1000w peak

Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

20th Oct 04 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, if i do any of these, how do i remove the metal piece that was to hold the wheel in, it looks like if i rip it off it will make a hole in bottom of it?
corb

20th Oct 04 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

metal piece, angle grinder will do it
AdiSRI

20th Oct 04 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or just bash it flat, thats wat i did
Dom

21st Oct 04 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i believe Adam_B got a sub in his wheel well by building a box, fibreglassing it etc etc. However, he said it was alot of work and it sound abit pants. But if you have the time etc then you need to sit down with your info on your sub and work out what size space it needs to work perfectly and then see what space you have available in the wheel well.

One design i might try is instead of making the box a similar size to the wheel well, is to bring the depth up a good 15-20cm (its alot i know) and build a false floor around it. You will obviously lose abit of boot space, but you might get better sound from a deeper box, rather than a shallow box (well it should sound better due to how the soundwaves reflect from the back wall etc)...but its all trial and improvement method

Personally i would get a wheel arch box and mount the amp (and other gear) in the wheel well if space is abit of a problem
Adam-D

23rd Oct 04 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did one check me garage for pics

New Poll