corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c16xe really annoying me now...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c16xe really annoying me now...
calidus

User status: Offline
   22nd Oct 04 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite then dudes, after a check over from ainsley the car appeared to be running fine....I was made up- however when I washed the car its gone down to having the same problem, dodgy idling(1000-1200rpm) then popping then revs droppin then cutting out, is really annoying as i wanted to go see me mates tonite and as it was running nice wanted it looking nice- I took the scuttle panel off and the plastic weather sheet out and noticed the lower but of the windscreen seal was off, so ive cleaned it up and slipped it bk on,but visually, i cannot see anything wrong with any connections
Siberia

22nd Oct 04 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at least yours actually starts... i just had to leave mine around the local shops cos it wont starts
calidus

22nd Oct 04 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bummer dude,I really need to get this problem sorted, else I wont ever have a clean car
Siberia

22nd Oct 04 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it might cost ya a few quid but id just replace all the sensors one by one... proccess of ilimination....

try the temp sensor first....
ainsley_brader

22nd Oct 04 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no
its a water related problem
check the connection to the idle control valve, check the wiring where it goes under the skuttle through the bulkhead make sure its not chaffed etc.

Did you find out if that other icv was a new one?
calidus

22nd Oct 04 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im going to have a good check when I have some daylite,I had a good look under the scuttle, will try looking where it goes thru the bulkhead though, could a wire have gotten chafed? its definately water related.and the idle control valve i have spare is very clean and shows little signs of wear.I had a bit of a poke round the air mass meter but could not see anything wrong.guess this means more mods will have to go on hold
ainsley_brader

22nd Oct 04 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant see that the induction kit/afm is going to get that wet from washing the car tbh but dunno.
I'd start with the wiring!
Did you put that bulb back in the dash?

Ainsley
calidus

23rd Oct 04 at 07:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i put the bulb bk in but its still on, as if the airbag has gone off lol refitted bulb in a car park in town on my dinner break cos i was bored. IM going to have a nose at the wiring after work, but while im at work im hoping the old man has a look for me. I had problems with my old nova similar to this, it just kept cutting out, it was down to an ignition wire from the switch to the dizzy(i think) that had frayed and was shorting out.If i cant sort it i may well be nipping down to u to have a quick check again, will hopefully get some pics of ur motor to whack in my gallery also
Adam-D

23rd Oct 04 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might be best to take it to a specalist auto elcetritian and he can test the resistance etc on all the wire in the loom and find the dicky one
calidus

23rd Oct 04 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer good point dude, my dads quite handy with electronics but the weather has been poor up here, mite try fowning rnd on my day off to get it booked in if need be
Adam-D

23rd Oct 04 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well when i got my engine it wouldnt start

i put a diff c16xe loom on it and it fired first time

ps the loom that didnt work was the original- go figure
calidus

24th Oct 04 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite bit of an update, after finding a loose earth wire by manifold I tightened it up, and now revs wont drop below 1600rpm- this is really annoying me now, I was doing my best to not have to fork out for garage prices grrrrrrrrrr looks like im gonna have to book it in
calidus

24th Oct 04 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ainsley, the car is driveable(even though I look like a spaz cos it kangaroos a bit) I was wondering if I cud bring it to ur work on my day off and look at it with u maybe? I get paid friday and Im gonna be paying for it to get looked at anyways, was wondering if u wanted the work?
ainsley_brader

25th Oct 04 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what days your day off mate?
calidus

31st Oct 04 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havent got my rota as of yet they have been telling me verbally of days off, I had took the car to get looked at by the garage who fitted it and they cannot suggest an immediate remedy- suggested an emissions/cat test to see if its over fuelling or underfuelling etc, or to try a new ICV or a new lambda sensor, while im at work tomoro my old man shud hopefully have a quick look at the wiring loom in the engine bay for me ive gotta come to ur work soon ainsley, as I wanna see ur corsa
corsa_godfather

31st Oct 04 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what bout crankshaft sensor?idle control valve or E.G.R valve
ainsley_brader

1st Nov 04 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no offence but it sounds like the garage that did the conversion havent got a clue, except how to charge!
(makes mental note to wash car in preparation)
calidus

1st Nov 04 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i know where ur coming from dude, if i get chance i will show ya the differences between my conversion and urs well we all learn by our mistakes, i just make BIG mistakes
calidus

4th Nov 04 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite I got an ECU for it off greasemonkey when I took my plastic panel off that covers the ecu, I found the 1 connector was a lil damp,and then found water had corroded the pins on the contacts, so I cleaned em up bigstyle and plugged the new 1 in,she runs almost perfect!!! flatspots are gone,and idles a lil off but the faultcode from ainsley told me it was ICV playing up so I am well happy a the moment thanks to u dudes on CS-I appreciate it
broster
Premium Member

4th Nov 04 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at last man, glad it sorted, well nearly sorted
Siberia

5th Nov 04 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hurraaaayyyy glad to see its working lad.....
Greasemonkey

5th Nov 04 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Greasemonkey
Supplier of all parts GSI
Spare Throttle Body Anyone lol

[Edited on 05-11-2004 by Greasemonkey]
sassyminx

5th Nov 04 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i changed my throttle body with no avail
Greasemonkey

5th Nov 04 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You still having problems sas, these Gsi engines are a nightmare when they go wrong, tracing the problem is no mean feat, if ya got a Vauxhall alarm try gettin that disconnected, i had to get mine donw it caused havoc with the running of my car
sassyminx

5th Nov 04 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
You still having problems sas, these Gsi engines are a nightmare when they go wrong, tracing the problem is no mean feat, if ya got a Vauxhall alarm try gettin that disconnected, i had to get mine donw it caused havoc with the running of my car

yea mate read other thread, how do i disconnect the vaux alarm i aint got a clue mate

New Poll