corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 0-60 of a MK4 1.8 Astra Sport?? I've just test driven one

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 0-60 of a MK4 1.8 Astra Sport?? I've just test driven one
stubbsy05

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 04 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the stats on these?T
ook one out earlier to see what it was like. Was at a traders.

Astra 1.8 Sport
T reg (1999)
FSH
Polar Sea Blue
17" Astra Turbo alloys
Irmscher front grille
Irmscher chrome bar on bootlid
Lowered
Sony headunit and 6x9s
Irmscher door pins

£3495

Seemed quite nice. Interior needed tidying up slightly. Looked very sexy and subtle. Didn't seem that quick compared to my Corsa 1.4 16V sport .
Mikorsa16v

23rd Oct 04 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

0-60 = 9.5secs
top speed = 124
bhp= 113
stubbsy05

23rd Oct 04 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about the 2.0 Sri?
whitter45

23rd Oct 04 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not that much quicker. Been in them both I have to say i really don't like astra's much better cars out there for the money
John

23rd Oct 04 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 2.0sri is slower to 60 than the 1.8sri beacause the 1.8 hits 60 in 2nd. Faster after that though. Not sure if the sport engines are different. The 2.0sri is a nice car. There aren't really much better cars for the money either. A mate just got a w reg 2.0 sri for 5 grand.
corsa5dr

23rd Oct 04 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by x8john
There aren't really much better cars for the money either. A mate just got a w reg 2.0 sri for 5 grand.

106 gti- Faster, better handling. Will get a newish, lowish mileage one for 5k.
Thought you considered them a while back anyway?

Dont get me wrong i like the Astra, really nice looking.

[Edited on 23-10-2004 by corsa5dr]
stubbsy05

23rd Oct 04 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah mate I'm considering loads at the mo.

My dad just mentioned they were a nice car so I took one out 4 a spin. I was just curious on the stats for these cars.
MatG

23rd Oct 04 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

106 gti and an astra 1.8 are not even the same class of car so how can you compare them??? One is a supermini and one a family hatch! The astra is million times better built and safer.

Answer to the above the sports are no different engine wise you will get switchable traction control though. The latter 1.8's came with 125BHP but torque is exactly the same so nothing in it really.

Try and get one with ABS, 9 times out of 10 if its 5 stud it has ABS, the brakes are a million times better with than without it.

Standard equipment on sport: electric, windows, A/C, airbags inc sides, TC, alloy wheels, lumba support sport seats, sports suspension, short ratio box, fogs.

SXI is the same without TC and side airbags. However comes with spolier as standard.
CORSA NUT

23rd Oct 04 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well coming from somone who has just got rid of a GTI for a 1.8 Astra this is a good thread

I might get a faster car soon but the astra aint that bad at all.Nowere near the same league as the GTI when i comes to brakes/speed or handling but as mat said they are a hell of a lot nicer to be in.

0-60 time dosn't even feel like 9 seconds as it's more of a mover once it gets going.

Milage seems a bit high on the one your looking at though IMO
CORSA NUT

23rd Oct 04 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and put it this way in the GTI i used to race motorbikes and focus RS's now i am scared to overtake any car

Power is delivered strangley..sort of comes in strong then backs off then strong again then just dies
Marc D

23rd Oct 04 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2.2 150bhp?
MattyB

24th Oct 04 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had both cars for quite a while through work.

No other way of saying, but the astra mk4 is quite a boring car.

The 1.8 aint too hot, and really lacks any oomph 50+.

The 2.2 is a bit better, but considering the engine size is still a pretty boring drive. I raced a VTS saxo away from a roundabout on the A414, and to 70 it pulled from me with relative ease, which is where i started to claw back (slowly). At 130 i pulled along side, and the astra was happy to sit at 135. Which is suppose is tidy. However, saying that, that day i managed to eat through half a tank in 100 miles!

On the plus side, i found both cars handled well and brakes were great. Oh, as mentioned above, they feel "safe" and solid to drive. Alot better than any pug! And in all fairness, both cars i drove had sub 1000 miles on them, and so wernt even run in really.

Matt

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 0-60 of a MK4 1.8 Astra Sport?? I've just test driven one 22 database queries in 0.0057440 seconds