corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.8 SRi BFO exhaust and power restrictions on engine?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.8 SRi BFO exhaust and power restrictions on engine?
Stu_SRI

User status: Offline
27th Oct 04 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bought a cancelled order full BFO exhaust system from blue flame on ebay for a bargain £210.
Its going onto a new 1.8 SRi and its the 2.25" bore twin box system, pretty big, so how loud should I expect it to be? Also what power, if any, should it release bearing in mind I already have a piperx induction kit?

Also how restricted are these engines supposed to be? i.e. how much can be gained by just doing the usual filter/exhaust/decat and possibly a chip. Just keep thinking that a 1.8 16v should be capable producing quite a bit more than than standard 123bhp.

Can you get exhaust manifolds, decats, inlets for the 1.8 corsa yet?

Cheers
Stu

[Edited on 27-10-2004 by Stu_SRI]
Fraser Young

28th Oct 04 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes you can get an inlet for the 1.8, as far as i'm aware dbilas is the only company as yet to manufacture these... Regal sell these in this country, they also do a package of cams, the inlet (?and a chip) thats supposed to +45bhp but cant remember how much it is/was
PainZ

28th Oct 04 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regal + the other uk vaux tuners sell this package.

Inlet,
Cams,
Chip,
Inlet Scoop

Looking at around 2230+ for it.

as above its ment to release45+ bhp,

I wouldnt of bought the PVD BFO exhaust if your after performance,

Best looking at bastuck or scorp grp A if thats what your after...
Stu_SRI

29th Oct 04 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've seen that inlet scoop but i cant work out where it actually fits? About £100 aren't they?

Yeh, got the bfo cos it was cheap and im not thinking of seriously tuning it yet, its a lease car you see.
It is huge compared to the standard pea shooter so i hope its not going to decrease the back pressure too much, should sound pretty meaty tho.
broster
Premium Member

30th Oct 04 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PainZ
Regal + the other uk vaux tuners sell this package.

Inlet,
Cams,
Chip,
Inlet Scoop

Looking at around 2230+ for it.

as above its ment to release45+ bhp,

I wouldnt of bought the PVD BFO exhaust if your after performance,

Best looking at bastuck or scorp grp A if thats what your after...

why wount you have the bfo exhasust, i would and did! the groupa a is 2.5" bore which is two big on a car like this, the bfo is 2.25" bore which is still bigger than standard but not to big, i had a scorpion group a system and went to the bfo and the car responded so much better
Joff

30th Oct 04 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bastuck

What a joker you are Mr Painz

New Poll