corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Getting fit.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting fit.
purple_corsa_gls

User status: Offline
29th Oct 04 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im applying to join the police in january, and therefore need to be fit. I havent got the first idea of any routine, so could anyone give me any pointers on what i should do.

Im not unfit, but not at my peak . Im member of a gym, so have all the right things, but not the knowledge of what to do with them!
Ally

29th Oct 04 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do all ur cardio

Treadmill, bike and rower
stevey.gee
Banned

29th Oct 04 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try some nice steady running on the running machine. You will probrably need to build up tho. Should be looking at running for around 15-20 mins @ 10-12kph but then in the last few mins try going faster more towards 15kph. and if you can add an incline at the slower speeds. Rowing machines arent worth it unless you know how to use them properly. I am a member of a big health club and the staff there dont know how to use them! I was rowing from age 13 so i do know a bit oh and I helped make the video for Concept 2 rowing machines!

Try swimming as well. Nothing mega fast just nice and steady lenghs building up every time you go looking at doing 20 - 30 lengths or so every time you go.

What you are aiming to do is raise you heart rate enough so you are having to breath a bit harder and a bit faster. Give it a week and you will feel alot better.
Meat-Pie-SRI

29th Oct 04 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do not need to be fit to be in the police!!!!!!
purple_corsa_gls

29th Oct 04 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you in the police meat pie?

Its not totally for the police, its partly for myself and justifying pating £50 p/m for the gym
liamC

29th Oct 04 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by purple_corsa_gls
Im applying to join the police in january, and therefore need to be fit. I havent got the first idea of any routine, so could anyone give me any pointers on what i should do.

Im not unfit, but not at my peak . Im member of a gym, so have all the right things, but not the knowledge of what to do with them!

Run up and down newbottle bank with 6 bricks in your backpack.
purple_corsa_gls

29th Oct 04 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would, but the meths of houghton would nick them

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Getting fit. 22 database queries in 0.3358140 seconds