corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Scotland » Front springs can ove when car jacked up

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Front springs can ove when car jacked up
Corsa_B1.2

User status: Offline
   2nd Nov 04 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it normal for the g-max 60mm springs can move about when the car is jacked up?

You cant really move them up or down but you can turn them around.

Cheers J
KennyT

4th Nov 04 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've got g-max 60mm springs too and when the cars jacked up you can move the fronts up and down about an inch!
it wont be doin it any harm but whenever i drop the car back down i jst check the spring it seated properly at bottom and the rubber bit at the top is on straight too.
i've lowered two of my pals corsa's with spax 50mm springs and they aren't nearly as short as my springs but drop the car more, its a bit strange.
Skipz

5th Nov 04 at 01:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't move my 60mm springs at all with the Shortened Shocks!

dunno if your talkign about just springs and not shocks liek but if your running standard shocks with 60mm springs expect to be jacking that front quite a bit then
Corsa_B1.2

5th Nov 04 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the full kit.

Springs and shocks

As i said you cant move them up or down but you can turn them.
Skipz

5th Nov 04 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i couldnt even turn mine at all! they wouldn't budge and i've had the front of my car jacked up plenty of times just ask the likes of Icy

I also had my front shockers off a few months ago when i was rebuilding the car and they wouldn't budge
KennyT

14th Nov 04 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is standard shocks and the 60mm springs and when the cars jacked up it moves really easily, its expected it would do that though and i'm not worrying about it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Scotland » Front springs can ove when car jacked up 23 database queries in 0.0118330 seconds