corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » fuckin post men

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fuckin post men
langey

User status: Offline
   5th Nov 04 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

our post man is a total cock, should have recived footy manager yesterday, but it wasnt here, so i thought never mind it will be here today, gets home from work, and its not here

just been on the phone to royal mail, they said "its probably delayed sir"

so i said to her "tell the post man get his arse into gear and get it here 1st thing monday morning, all's he has to do is post a few letters and he cant evan do that!"

she replied "i'm not in a position to do that sir, you should recive it in the next few days"

i said "i thought 1st class mail was supposed to come in 2working days at the latest"

then she started going on about if there is too many letters in his round and stuff, but how can that be? he aint evan made a dilivary today
--Dave--
Banned

5th Nov 04 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

point a hose pipe through your letter box and when he approaches turn it on.

That'll liven up his morning
Nath

5th Nov 04 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ordered my copy on Wednesday, got an e-mail yesterday saying it had been dispatched, not here yet though

Usually Play.com or who ever does there deliveries is quicker than this.
langey

5th Nov 04 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i orderd mine tuesday, got an email on3rd (wednesday) sayin s its been dispatched. so thinking it should be here on thursday.

normally when i get an email off play.com say its been dispatched, it arrives the next working day.

this has been 2, now i'm gonna have to wait all weekend and all monday day because the lazy fucker dont come on saturdays,

and when he does come here its only about 10.30-11am on a weekday.

Mistamist

5th Nov 04 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Post man wakes up, goes to sorting office, picks up the letters for his round, then goes on his way, delivers them and goes back to sorting office. dont really see that is down to him/her when all they are doing is delivering what is given to him, maybe the company havent sent it and are lying to you.
Richie

5th Nov 04 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a dog, let it out, let him kill, new postman?
SetH

User status: Online
5th Nov 04 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bum him dry
3CorsaMeal

5th Nov 04 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this thread has nothing to do with fcukin postmen

i was looking for tips
langey

5th Nov 04 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mistdotcom
Post man wakes up, goes to sorting office, picks up the letters for his round, then goes on his way, delivers them and goes back to sorting office. dont really see that is down to him/her when all they are doing is delivering what is given to him, maybe the company havent sent it and are lying to you.

my dads mate did the post for a few months,

he got up, went the sorting office, then had to sort his post into pigionholes, then junk mail and stuff he could leave out and take it the next day, infact he could do that with anything. then do his round, then go home,

so yes it has got somthing to do with the post man.

barry_kellett99

5th Nov 04 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to be a post man. Like mistdotcom says, he gets several bags of mail, sorts it, bags it, delivers it. If he leaves it in the office deliberatly not delivering its a crime punishable by custodial sentence for withholding mail. Unless he is a dodgy post man (Not totally beyond the realms of possibility suppose) he hasnt been given the item yet
barry_kellett99

5th Nov 04 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by langey
quote:

my dads mate did the post for a few months,

he got up, went the sorting office, then had to sort his post into pigionholes, then junk mail and stuff he could leave out and take it the next day, infact he could do that with anything. then do his round, then go home,

so yes it has got somthing to do with the post man.

stories from friends of friends

shut up
Mistamist

5th Nov 04 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unless he is sitting at home playing it now
...ian...

5th Nov 04 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my bros got that.
i aint had a go yet tho
langey

5th Nov 04 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
unless he is sitting at home playing it now

this is probably likely

it will probs only be delivared when he gets sacked from a team

barry_kellett99 who the fuck are you?? dickhead
ed

5th Nov 04 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't worry, postmen are idiots who should have tried harder at school. No, thats the people who are running Royal Mail now actually.
TJSRi

5th Nov 04 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm a postie & would like to clarify something.

A postman HAS to deliver whatever mail he receives in the morning even junk mail unless its a saturday when junk mail is not delivered.
Items from play.com in my experience usually arrive at the delivery office 3days after being posted.

U say he does not deliver on a saturday, although i dont know the setup of the delivery office in ur area, there is a saturday delivery throughout the country its part of royal mails contract with the government to provide a mail service 6days a week.

ed

5th Nov 04 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back in the olden days we used to get our post posted in our letter box. Now we get a random pile of post that needs to be sorted out that we need to deliver to our neighbors because it hasn't been sorted properly. This isn't a one off thing either, it happens every day. Also, in the olden days, the morning post used to come in the morning. Now it comes whenever the fucker can be arsed to deliver it What a load of shit.
Carr

5th Nov 04 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah we got a letter from our postman saying that now his delivery would be in the afternoon. and they never knock when they bring a parcel just fill out the form in the office so they dont have to carry it around.
and in my experience whatever games i preorder from play.com come the day before release
Joff

5th Nov 04 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which department of the post office is it that checks envelopes for lumpy bits and then opens them up to see if it's anything worth stealing inside... like a single 13mm bolt.

It's all ok though, once they've realised they don't want the worthless bolt, they then throw it away and make sure the empty envelope makes it safely to it's intended recipient

They also do it with 4-pot brake pad slider pins.

Welsh Dan

5th Nov 04 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work for Royal Mail customer services, rather than being a postie myself.
Items like bolts/keys/coins shouldn't be put in a normal envelope, as they go through the machines and jam the machines, and often ruin the item of mail as well as loads others. Envelopes are for paper, use a jiffy bag if its thicker than a few sheets of paper.

Its also not the fault of the postie that your game hasn't got there. As others have said, it is entirely possible that it hasn't got to the delivery office yet, or just as likely, the company haven't even sent it. So Langey, I suggest that you are the cock, not your postman. If your dads mate was withholding the mail, then he also is a cock and gives other posties a bad name.

To be honest, a lot of you expect too much. We have one of the cheapest postal services in the world, and we are under no obligation to deliver it in the morning. You've just gotten used to it. We could deliver it at 10pm if we wanted to, and there'd be jack you could do about it. You pay 28p to send a letter, which well over 9/10 times gets there the next working day.

[Edited on 05-11-2004 by Welsh Dan]
Nath

6th Nov 04 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my copy this morning
Joff

6th Nov 04 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
I work for Royal Mail customer services, rather than being a postie myself.
Items like bolts/keys/coins shouldn't be put in a normal envelope, as they go through the machines and jam the machines, and often ruin the item of mail as well as loads others. Envelopes are for paper, use a jiffy bag if its thicker than a few sheets of paper.

They were in padded envelopes.
Nath

6th Nov 04 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sent Corsa B Rear Lights and an FK Grille and both items went missing even though they were in seperate parcels. Cant tell me that isnt dodgy!!
Marc

6th Nov 04 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you strange strange boy.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » fuckin post men 22 database queries in 0.0691881 seconds