corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » rear headrests? corsa sport?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rear headrests? corsa sport?
calidus

User status: Offline
   8th Nov 04 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im asking on behalf of me mate, he has a corsa 1400 sport with split folding rear bench, has anyone fitted rear headrests to one of these? is it the same as the nova principle? anything with split folding can have rear headrests? will he have 2 or 3? did the GLS come with rears pre facelift?
Ajones_17

9th Nov 04 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good post mate wouldn't mind doing this to mine, anyone know how to do this.
Greasemonkey

9th Nov 04 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he will have 2 headrests i belive, i have 2 spare GSI headrests in the garage at home lol
italianjob

9th Nov 04 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have an SXI, which is a sport interror, right? can i put head reast in? where do i look for the holes?
Greasemonkey

9th Nov 04 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

press down on the tops of the seats so you can feel the frame underneath the material, feel along the top and you will feel holes present, all ya need is some headrests and the guides out of a scrapp motor and they will slot straight in just gotta make a tiny incision in the fabric to get the guide through
Kris TD

9th Nov 04 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the sri seats i have in my corsa have the metal tubes in for the rear headrests.

ive got 3 corsa rear headrests in black for sale if anyone is interested £15 plus p&p, immaculate condition too.
--Dave--
Banned

9th Nov 04 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

while we're on this subject, anyone know if there are holes for a centre headrest in my Corsa C SXI? I'm at work
calidus

9th Nov 04 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was just curious as my corsa interior(Sxi/facelift sport) I fitted 3 GLS rear headrests into it,as it was a newer splitfolding affair, just aint seen a corsa with rears b4 except the GLS model
calidus

10th Nov 04 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think u shud have the holes already mate,especially if its split folding,but its hard to garantee, ur corsa is like a new new generation, the switches n buttons etc are all new and in line with the newer astras n veccys,whereas the corsa b is in line with the older veccy and astra n cav as interbreeding parts goes
jmdsouth

11th Nov 04 at 02:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi i have fitted 2 rear headrests with the proper guides (from vauxhall think it was about £15 for 4) into my 97P corsa sport 1.4 16V but im not sure there is the holes for 3 i think there might be though i didn't want to put 3 in anyway since i have only got 2 front headrests from another corsa sport in the back not the proper 3 smaller headrests from the late Corsa B GLS etc below is a link to a picture of my fitted rear headrests tell me what you think.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-7/783614/DSC_023.JPG
leeshez

11th Nov 04 at 06:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I put rear head rests in mine, but i screwed then to back of the seat with "U" bolts
calidus

11th Nov 04 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good matey,thats what my mate is after doing, now i need some more black headrests for him now lol!
StueyBoy1989

23rd Sep 07 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right just went out to check my car. . . . how far do you have to push down to find these holes for the rear headrests?
iv got corsa B 2000 sport.
ainsley_brader

23rd Dec 07 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you get the plastic tubes out of any old scrap seat or are they best bought new?
Haimsey
Premium Member

23rd Dec 07 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by italianjob
i have an SXI, which is a sport interror, right? can i put head reast in? where do i look for the holes?

Did it on mine
Made the holes myself and added the inserts i dug out from some front seats at scrappys.

Looks better, but arnt functional
Pics in garage.

Edit: Just noticed how old the thread is ill leave comment anyways.

[Edited on 23-12-2007 by Haimsey]

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
badboy1989

23rd Dec 07 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haimsy just had a little look at your garage pics and see the compressor and paint/thinners/hardener ect but couldnt tell what you painted with it what did you use the paint for was it a bumper ect? if so do you have pics of prepping and various stages and finished/before painting the part?
Cossie

23rd Dec 07 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have done mine had to remove back seat cover and cut a small hole where the plastic tubes go in than put the cover back in and press the small tubes in, i did the 3 head rest and I had a split seat !
Haimsey
Premium Member

23rd Dec 07 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by badboy1989
haimsy just had a little look at your garage pics and see the compressor and paint/thinners/hardener ect but couldnt tell what you painted with it what did you use the paint for was it a bumper ect? if so do you have pics of prepping and various stages and finished/before painting the part?

No matey, i didnt spray anything myself, not in terms of panels anyways. I sprayed trims and roof rails myself.
It was purchased for spraying a boot lid, but ive since had a quote off a person who does it for a living that i cant turn down, so leaving it to him

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
badboy1989

23rd Dec 07 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oo rite ok bud npz, sorry to steal thread aswell calidus my bad lol

New Poll