corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » juddering

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author juddering
Smiffie

User status: Offline
   11th Nov 04 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couple of times this has happened and its just happened again, when i set off in a morning, car is cold, up until i get out of my estate clutch feels 'juddery'

basically i start to set off, then i can feel clutch pedal bouncing and car shakes

i have an 04 reg corsa 1.2 16v

n e one else have this problem?
obv if theres a problem ill get it dun under warrenty

cheers
Cybermonkey

11th Nov 04 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats odd for such a new car. Sounds like the pressure plate is troubled. is engine having any trouble applying power?
Stoneojuggalo

11th Nov 04 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine does this in the cold, theres a lack or power on mine between around 1000 and 2500 revs.
Smiffie

11th Nov 04 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno if engine has trouble applying power as i never driven n thing to compare wot power it has to (if u get me)

altho when i do stick my foot down (obv not when engine is cold) then there seems a long time b4 there is n e power there

gonan get my dad to drive it when car is cold see what he makes of it
n gonna take it in to vauxhall c wots up
Stoneojuggalo

11th Nov 04 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let me know if anything shows up mate.
Smiffie

11th Nov 04 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

update: just been to college, car was fine on journey there n back, still gonna have it checked out tho
it just happenes when car is cold but it dont feel right at all when it happens

cars done 4609 miles

stoneojuggalo ill let u know if i find n e thing
Sri5

11th Nov 04 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Corsa B seems to have this problem too. It only occurs while the engine gets warms. In my own little world, i put it down to some form of moisture gathering on the plate while the car was stood over night. Dont know if i am right or not, but will be interested to see what the garage say abouts your car.
andywsxi16v

11th Nov 04 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has it only started happening in the colder weather? Mine has. I thought it could be condensation on the clutch plates!!!
Tom_1.216v

11th Nov 04 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine does in the morining in first and second gear. Think it just needs time to warm up a bit, as it only happends for about 20 secs.
Smiffie

11th Nov 04 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^both of these r true to me, only now in cold weather
2morrow morning gonan give car a gd few mins to warm up b 4 i set off, try that
1600power

12th Nov 04 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck that fella get it down to vauxhall and have it looked at under ur warrenty, if i had a new car and it was doin that i wud kick off!!!
Smiffie

12th Nov 04 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE: right then, this morning i sat in car for 2/3mins to let the engine warm up a little, had the slightest bit of judering turning out of my road
Then my car has been sat outside college for a gd 2 and a half hours, on journey home had no worries at all

This has put my mind at ease but i will b letting car warm up for a few mins b4 i set off each morning now
if i have n e more problems i will def take it to vauxhall but atm feel there is nuthing to worry about
Smiffie

12th Nov 04 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Smiffie
UPDATE: right then, this morning i sat in car for 2/3mins to let the engine warm up a little, had the slightest bit of judering turning out of my road
Then my car has been sat outside college for a gd 2 and a half hours, on journey home had no worries at all

This has put my mind at ease that it is the cold weather and so i will b letting car warm up for a few mins b4 i set off each morning from now
if i have n e more problems i will def take it to vauxhall but atm feel there is nuthing to worry about

ultra_corsa

13th Nov 04 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i drove my car over speedbumps or over 50mph my car would judder almost like the steering collumn n pedals were shakin emselves loose...anyway as it was under warrenty i took it to vauxhall n they said there was some loose bolts in the steering collumn!!!! never had the problem again tho...n apparently its a comon thing wiv corsa C's....
Smiffie

13th Nov 04 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for u2u m8

New Poll