corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » any help out there of best way to fit fibre glass boot smoothing panel to corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author any help out there of best way to fit fibre glass boot smoothing panel to corsa
johno2004

User status: Offline
   11th Nov 04 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi wacky racers any help please in a bit of a dilemma got a fibre glass smoothing panel but not sure best way to go about it .Still may weld panels in to recess yet.ANY HELP PLLLLLLLLLLLEEEAAASSSSEEEEEE!
ed

11th Nov 04 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Throw it in the bin and weld up the recess with some thin steel plates, then smooth over.
johno2004

11th Nov 04 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I HAVE HEARD THEY ARE CRAP GOT IT CHEAP. DO THEY FIT OVER ORIGINAL PANEL.GOT A SPARE BOOT AND PLATES CUT READY ANYWAY SO ILL TRY AND SELL IT ON E BAY LOL
johno2004

11th Nov 04 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johno2004
I HAVE HEARD THEY ARE CRAP GOT IT CHEAP. DO THEY FIT OVER ORIGINAL PANEL.GOT A SPARE BOOT AND PLATES CUT READY ANYWAY SO ILL TRY AND SELL IT ON E BAY LOL
RichR
Premium Member

12th Nov 04 at 00:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they will work - but if u want it to last use bi or tri axial woven roving matt if u can get hold of it - too many max power readers assume that p40 glass and resin is actually fibreglass - its shitty filler for use after rovingis applied ( badly) - if I put it on for u at SR FibreCustoms - Id rove it on - bond it with polyester resin to ur tailgate - and a skim of polyester resin/glass dust fill it - it would almost never crack and wouldnt be "shitty " as some people assume - all depends how its done - I'll glass arches on without them cracking as well - in a "secret way" but if u get it done cheaply expect it to crack

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » any help out there of best way to fit fibre glass boot smoothing panel to corsa 22 database queries in 0.0095520 seconds