corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » elec problem need help asap

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author elec problem need help asap
hitman2k

User status: Offline
13th Nov 04 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hiya was driveing 2day and smoke started comeing out of passenger side wasnt sure what it was so i parked up and phoned 999 fire , i noticed my neon stopped working when they arrivedthey used fire extin and opened gloved box (took it out) and disconneted battery and they cut the transformer box wire of the neons which where brought from neoquip ,dunno if box was faulty or what had them for about 5 months anyway some of the wires on the loom have been burned not really badly but the platic i.e colour of wire black has come off n u can c the bear wires.... how much is it gonna cost me 2 sort out? roughtly as i know auto electrians can ripp you off! also problem is i cant leave batt diconneted as i have smooth doors and cant enter car i drove it back home bout 4 miles from where it happened and it was fine!!

AA dude said if its okay driveing home then you'll be okay for a few days till you can get it to some1 to look at it! when he connected battery again nothing sparked!

think some of the wireing needs re doing!

any advice?????????......

[Edited on 13-11-2004 by hitman2k]
Adam-D

13th Nov 04 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remove the neons and reconnect the batterey leave like that for now
hitman2k

13th Nov 04 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what the AA dude has done!!

New Poll