corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Windows XP file sharing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Windows XP file sharing
Dean_H

User status: Offline
28th Nov 04 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On older windows such as 98 and ME you could share ANYTHING between the 2 pc's (when putting the settings on full access)

Now on XP i put full access on both pc's but it wont leave me access the windows folder and a couple of other folders on the c drive (from the other pc)!!

Ive read through windows help and followed the instructions to set it to full access but still no access to windows and a couple of other folders!

IS this a setting you cant change under windows?
Gareth.O

28th Nov 04 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you run the network connection wizard? set the folders you want to shre in the 'sharing and security' tab in the folder properties? setup or disabled the firewall? (both xp's one and any others you may be running)
James_DT

28th Nov 04 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With XP you CANNOT share Program Files folder, the Windows folder or most folders within the Windows folder. There's a list of other folders too. It's called security, why would you need to share those folders anyway?
Dean_H

28th Nov 04 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cause if theres somthing thats in program files. i.e downloaded files from certain programs

or if there is a couple of files on a desktop on the other pc

or if some files are saved in my documents

its a pain in the arse to walk to the otherside of the house to move files back and forth just to share them..... It would make my life easier if i could share the WHOLE C drive...
James_DT

28th Nov 04 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can share My Documents, and you can share folders WITHIN Program Files just not the folder itself. I see what you mean though. You can also share the desktop if you go
Documents and Settings, user/All Users, Desktop.
They all have to be seperate shares, but it's doable.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Windows XP file sharing 22 database queries in 0.0103369 seconds