corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Diff Diff Diff

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Diff Diff Diff
Siberia

User status: Offline
   2nd Dec 04 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would a fooked diff/driveshaft/cv cause the steering to feel really light and doggy and the car to handle like poo?

ive been having this problem for the last 2 weeks can get to the bottom of it.

i've gone over the front suspension with a fine tooth coam i'd had it appart and back together and i'm confindent the problem isnt here....

just there about 2 mins ago i came off a small round about near were i live.....

was in second and put the foot down.... the car felt like it was spinning up but liek it was being retricted/pulled back.... so i thought i better lift off... the car suddenly snatched sideways when i did

then when i went to pull off it tryed to pull sideways again... now it just generally feels poo even in a straight line..... if i give it any gas it trys to pull to the side......

the gearbox in question is an f15 and the engine is a c16xe with mantzel powerbox......

what do ya's think?
RichiesCorsa

3rd Dec 04 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you checked tyre pressures and had the wheels balanced recently?
AK

3rd Dec 04 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the diff was gone it would tend to try and pull straight through corners.

A working diff adjusts the speed of the wheels to compensate (inner slower, outer faster).... if they both turned at the same speed it would make you run wide

When my diff had gone.... it was due to something going through the casing
TOMAS

3rd Dec 04 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Siberia, you running an XE lump? Ive got EXACTLY the same prob, think mine could be down to incorrect tracking but not sure? When the left wheel goes over a small manhole cover the car snatches to the left.. Also got the same thing whith gas on/off, the car pulls ALL over the road, sometimes pulls hard left on gas and will spin up then when you come off the gas it snatches back right. You sure your ball joints are ok? Fine when cornering not under gas and braking but you put your foot down and it feels like the front end is made of jelly!

OH and BTW im running an XE F20 with 300lb coilovers and no ARB...

[Edited on 03-12-2004 by TOMAS]
Siberia

3rd Dec 04 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tomas yours does sound like the tracking or camber is out... i had this when i installed my engine first. it was the tracking.

the problem i have is deffo not the tracking though i had the car on the four wheel lazer alginment machine twice in the last week....

balljoints, track rods, tops mounts are all brand new.... suspension is about 3 months old and it all seems fine... i had it out on saturday and inspected it.

i hope its a shaft or CV or shaft cos i have spares... trying to come across an f15 gearbox over here will be difficult....

might just put an LSD in fcuk it!

Mr kindness u always make sure to break things good and proper

[Edited on 03-12-2004 by Siberia]
miles

4th Dec 04 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a std F15 diff I'll sell if you want to try it.
TOMAS

4th Dec 04 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Siberia - Took my car to have its Toe checked today and it was nearly 5deg out!!! Had it setup properly again and its TRANSFORMED the car, MUCH better traction on launch, no pulling to the sides and I can accelerate in corners safely now!! Are you SURE your tracking is set right? Is the garage a good place?

New Poll