corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New C20xe

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New C20xe
LukeGSi

User status: Offline
7th Dec 04 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read recently somewhere on here someone had got a new XE from vauxhall. Anyone got any more info on this? Before anyone asks why....I want a reliable car and the cost of an XE and decent rebuild is almost as much as a new one apparently.

Cheers
LukeGSi

7th Dec 04 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also I already have all ancillaries so that wouldn't be a problem
RichR
Premium Member

7th Dec 04 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it was beardys mate - with the arden blue corsa with carbon bonnet - straight from vaux
RichR
Premium Member

7th Dec 04 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=184859
Ojc

7th Dec 04 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did'nt Matt Crowther get hold of a brand new C20XE, it was second hand but he only paid something like £400 for it.
LukeGSi

7th Dec 04 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Did'nt Matt Crowther get hold of a brand new C20XE, it was second hand but he only paid something like £400 for it.

Can't see another one like that coming up again at that price tho
Joff

7th Dec 04 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll need an old engine to supply to them as the new one is on an exchange basis.

And the one you supply can't be completely totalled either

LukeGSi

7th Dec 04 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

D'oh thats that plan foiled
deanmcreynolds26

7th Dec 04 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can buy a new engine outright from them but there is an extra charge of £200-300 the guy told me.. £1200 for an XE £1200 for an LET plus the £200-£300 charge if u cant give them an engine..
TOMAS

7th Dec 04 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its called Trade Club...

Im a Trade Club member, it works on an exchange basis OR you pay the excess of £400 I think it is? They are usually £1200 but Reg Vardy have offered me 20% discount until the end of the month so £240 off but then its + VAT. Comes with 12 Month warranty too.
ed

7th Dec 04 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have a strong engine to start with and replace:

Tappets
Water Pump
Gaskets
Timing Belt and Idlers
Oil Seals

and any other ropey stuff like the alternator and any dodgy sensors then you will have a reliable engine. In total you should be expecting to pay about £300-£500 for parts for the engine (depending on how bad the engine is to start with) which will put the cost of the engine to about £800 - the trade club engines are £1200 and you get a reconditioned block, head, top end and bottom end. You need to have the rest in a working state for that sort of thing to be worth while...
Teddy

8th Dec 04 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The LET is not £1200 from Vauxhall.....

Go to vauxhall and ask them to supply you a wastegate - they cant do it they can only supply the whole turbo assemembly which comes to.........£1647.
TNM

8th Dec 04 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Teddy
The LET is not £1200 from Vauxhall.....

Go to vauxhall and ask them to supply you a wastegate - they cant do it they can only supply the whole turbo assemembly which comes to.........£1647.

erm tomas has already said the local dealer has offered him a let for 1200 -20% + VAT! cant you read?
Teddy

8th Dec 04 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes i can read and if its £1200 that will be just the bear block then. No turbo no loom.

You really think they would sell a brand new C20LET for £1200??? Wake up
bradfincham

8th Dec 04 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just for the block on the LET, as teddy said your talking another 2 grand for the rest!

Butt spending £1200 on a xe engine is bare, no induction nothing its just the engine, i would personally uprate the internals on a old one, at least it will be a higher spec for the same cash!
Teddy

8th Dec 04 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall price for a C20LET with everything including ECU, turbo etc... is £3980 + vat if memory serves.

As mentioned the turbo assemably on its own is near on £1700.
Joff

8th Dec 04 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about the gearbox too?
Teddy

8th Dec 04 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nearly forgot about that - lmao i havent got a clue how much that would set you back from Vauxhall.

But i know a brand new transfer box (when they had them) was in the region of £1500
Richie

8th Dec 04 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i got quoted for a new gearbox from vaux (for a laugh) they said £1200+ the vat for an exchange unit!
Teddy

8th Dec 04 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds about right to be fair and towards the later of the Cav/Calibra Turbo boxes would have been reconed anyhow.
Jill
Premium Member

8th Dec 04 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LukeGSi
I read recently somewhere on here someone had got a new XE from vauxhall. Anyone got any more info on this? Before anyone asks why....I want a reliable car and the cost of an XE and decent rebuild is almost as much as a new one apparently.

Cheers

My second C20XE came from Vauxhall- they're not brand new, they are recons and part exchangeable. Mine cost £1200 for the engine part exchange with two years warranty- but this means you can't modify the engine or the warranty will become void. However, vauxhall made an exception on this for me and refitted my Piper Cams. Oh and I also got 10% discount on the engine price cos I'm a memeber of VxlSCC (Kerry's a member isn't she? So she could get you a discount too ) Oh and my engine was pretty fooked too when the new one was put in- they found LOADS of weird metal filings in the sump etc

JILL
Jill
Premium Member

8th Dec 04 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie
when i got quoted for a new gearbox from vaux (for a laugh) they said £1200+ the vat for an exchange unit!

I got an exchange gearbox from Vauxhall and it was nowhere near that price! How perculiar...

JILL
Joff

8th Dec 04 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They probably quote high prices for parts like gearboxes to stop timewasters that just ring up for a laugh.

Jill, how big were the metal filings in your sump? I'd expect a few to be in my sump before it's had its first oil change.
Jill
Premium Member

8th Dec 04 at 14:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joff mate- there were loads and they were quite big (some small ones) as well mate. My engine had been in just over 18 months and had three oil changes before I was told it was basically irrepairable and cheaper to get a recon. I didn't believe them when Arthur from Vauxhall (Aylesbury) phoned me up and told me they were there- so I went down to see and there they were just staring at me- filings, lots of big filings!

JILL
Teddy

8th Dec 04 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
quote:
Originally posted by LukeGSi

Cheers

My second C20XE came from Vauxhall- they're not brand new, they are recons and part exchangeable. Mine cost £1200 for the engine part exchange with two years warranty- but this means you can't modify the engine or the warranty will become void. However, vauxhall made an exception on this for me and refitted my Piper Cams. Oh and I also got 10% discount on the engine price cos I'm a memeber of VxlSCC (Kerry's a member isn't she? So she could get you a discount too ) Oh and my engine was pretty fooked too when the new one was put in- they found LOADS of weird metal filings in the sump etc

JILL

Seems odd because Vauxhall would honor warrenty on GM parts such as Omega 3.0 cams in say a 2.5 but aftermarket cams and they honored the warrenty? That seems odd.

Plus the engines now from Vauxhall will obviously be "reconed" as they went out of production in 1994.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New C20xe 22 database queries in 0.1576970 seconds