corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » firefighters

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author firefighters
HeNdie

User status: Offline
15th Dec 04 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody on here a fire fighter, or anybody in the family. Whats it like or what do they say its like, fun, boring ? decent pay, shifts any good, training, and does anybody know what the requirment levels for fitness and written work is like?

[Edited on 15-12-2004 by HeNdie]
Colin

15th Dec 04 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 my mates is and I went to selection thing for it but failed the fitness

Written test is easy, then you do fitness, manual (strength, grip etc) then if you pass that you do a bit of basic training on ladders and BA training in smoke filled room then a presentation infront of firemaster telling him why you should be given a job.
HeNdie

15th Dec 04 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How old is he? do you have to work 2 nite shifts and 2 day shifts?
ljames555

15th Dec 04 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my dad is one 2 days 9-5 2 nites 5pm - 9am nxt day hopefully i can get myself in within the next year -2 year
cargraphics4u.com

15th Dec 04 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm training to be retained at the momemnt. I've got my written tests on Friday and Practical tests aswell. From what I've seen so far it's a good job, The money is pretty rubbish if you do it as retained, but the job satisfaction makes up for that. Full time is apparently very hard to get into, and vacancies only come up once a year usually.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » firefighters 22 database queries in 0.3111751 seconds