corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa 1.0 Problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa 1.0 Problems
saf

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 04 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

I've had a corsa 1.0i (X10XE engine T-Reg petrol) for a few months now and it's got the following problems... (I haven't really been driving it much until recently but the problems have always been there)

If I try a cold start the engine revs will fluctuate from anywhere between 1.8k to 0.5k revs until warm, which usually takes 2 or so minutes.

Once it's driveable it runs around at city speeds fine but if I try hitting over 40 the engine light will come on and the engine will lose power but depending on how it's feeling that particular day it might reach 50-55. Anything over that is wishful thinking.

Also full throttle in any gear (except neutral) will also cut the engine power and it will splutter around the 1.5k revs

And lastly the in car temp reading hardly ever goes above the 92 degree mark, I think i've only once seen it hit the middle even tho I usually drive for a good while in the car.

So what do people think, take it to the scrappers ?

I've cleaned the EGR valve and it seemed to help for a short while but didn't get rid of the problem completely. I've just bought new spark plugs assuming that might help the startup problem ? other than that not tried much else.

Can't do the paperclip trick as it's got a 16 pin diag socket but no pin 6... bought a fault code reader but that also says use pin 6 unless someone knows if it's other pins on this particular car.
Adam-D

23rd Dec 04 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

temp sensor?
and icv??
saf

23rd Dec 04 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are there any checks I can do on the ICV to see if it's "working properly" or is it just a case of replacing and hoping.

Temp sensors aren't too expensive so i'm not too worried about buying new sensors.

Thanks for the help

New Poll