corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Question on police application form...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Question on police application form...
purple_corsa_gls

User status: Offline
2nd Jan 05 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a question that im stuck on on my application to the police. Im not looking to copy off someone else's answer, just unsure what to put for mine!

"Give an example of when you have shown respect for someone with a deep-rooted beleif. This may be religious, cultural, ethical or moral beleif or some important aspect of their lifestyle. you will be assessed in this question on your understanding of, and sensitivity to, the differences you and this particular person had, and how you adapted what you said or did."

I dont hink there has been a time in my life where i have. Does anyone have a clue what kind of answer they'd put?
corsa_jim

2nd Jan 05 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was me id say somthing to do with religan nabours with a diff religan like johovas @christmas

Jim
Dean_H

2nd Jan 05 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mention this url in your application form http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=189476

Jokes aside thats a hard question, you dont really know what their expecting off you do you.... are they asking someone you have met and had contact with or someone famous, i.e martin luther king.... etc etc.

Like you i wouldnt say there has been a time in my life where i have shown respect for someone with a deep-rooted beleif.
purple_corsa_gls

2nd Jan 05 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think they mean an actuaal time in my life. im 19 ffs. when has that happen to a 40 year old, never mind someone half their age!

Turned the page and the next question...

"tell us of an occasion when you have taken inititative and gone beyond what others would have done. You will be assessed in this question on your willingness to get fully involved and to work to the highest of standards"

Dont think im cut ouot for the police
CorsaLad

2nd Jan 05 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt mind joining the police, but i think i look too young at 19!
Shane

2nd Jan 05 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im trying to download an application form but i can get on the website, can some 1 email me it please

mk2_shane@msn.com

cheers
corsa_crew

2nd Jan 05 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

watch urself mate - as i didnt have any thing for that either and just put down that i aint even come across any situation like this but if i did this is what i would do. and gave a brief example and they turned me down 4 the reason of not having a enough life experience. just dont make the mistake i did lol
purple_corsa_gls

2nd Jan 05 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive put about when i went on holiday to turkey and the muslims had to pray 5 times a day, and i showed respect to that etc and was ashamed of the disrespectful british holiday makers. all i can do is cross my fingers as i have no specific life experiences
corsa_crew

2nd Jan 05 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope it works out 4 ya mate.
purple_corsa_gls

2nd Jan 05 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers. you not re-applied
Jambo

2nd Jan 05 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

simplest thing would be to make it up.

I have done that on every job application i needed to. Doesnt mean you wont know what to do in the situation just shows that you are aware of what to do and your moral standards are ok and that your a mature adult.

No harm in it

Oh just dont say "imade this up"
purple_corsa_gls

2nd Jan 05 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or "someone on this website told me to make it up"
vibrio
Banned

2nd Jan 05 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by purple_corsa_gls
theres a question that im stuck on on my application to the police. Im not looking to copy off someone else's answer, just unsure what to put for mine!

"Give an example of when you have shown respect for someone with a deep-rooted beleif. This may be religious, cultural, ethical or moral beleif or some important aspect of their lifestyle. you will be assessed in this question on your understanding of, and sensitivity to, the differences you and this particular person had, and how you adapted what you said or did."

I dont hink there has been a time in my life where i have. Does anyone have a clue what kind of answer they'd put?

see thats where I would fall down

just put that you've never been in such a situation before. why lie or copy some one else. it's not an exam
corsa_crew

2nd Jan 05 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nar hav 2 wait for 6 months now ad dont help i'm trying 2 get in cleveland police which is one of the hardest to get in because of a slight money problem - aint 2 bothered thou as work as a cashier for the halifax now so just got 2 c the 6 months out now lol
Welsh Dan

2nd Jan 05 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as Shane said, where did you get the form from as i've not been able to download a copy of it for ages.
Davido

2nd Jan 05 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

damn tring to rmbr what i put must of been good enuf cos i join in march
vibrio
Banned

2nd Jan 05 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daveyboyuk
damn tring to rmbr what i put must of been good enuf cos i join in march

you did not fill the form in like that I take it
Ally

2nd Jan 05 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my application i explained that one of my friends is a muslim, and i am christian. I explained how we discussed the different traditions between our religions and how we both learned to appreciate the differences and similarities between the 2 religions

Await a slating
purple_corsa_gls

2nd Jan 05 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive gone down the 'respecting turkish praying 5 times a day on holiday and thinking the disrespectful holiday makers were disgusting blah blah blah. I'll probably get the not enough life experience though

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Question on police application form... 22 database queries in 0.1955900 seconds