corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » speeding

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author speeding
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Jan 05 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if someone writes your number plate down and rings the police to tell them they think you were speeding, can the police do anything, as there is no proof?

i wasnt speeding, i was just on the redline in first, doing 30 between 2 junctions, couldnt be bothered to change gear

but some bloke looked at my car, wrote the plate down and got his phone out as if to ring the police

i dont think there is anything they can do even if i was speeding, as they could not prove it, it would just be his judgement, and he was old, so he would be wrong...
PaulW

6th Jan 05 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no cant do a thing without proof

they can probably caution you & keep an eye out, thats about it!
Dom

6th Jan 05 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope you right, you cant be done as there isnt a proof - ie: his word against yours.
However, if other people rang in then it could be different...but they didnt, so i wouldnt worry about it mate
Robin
Premium Member

6th Jan 05 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just hope they dont do a spot check if they come round, as one of my tyres may be illegal, and my headlight bulbs are, i only have one brake light, and my back number plate is so dirty, you cant read it

fuckin do-gooders though, obviously got nothing better to do, it pisses me off as much as the wankers who sit under bridges with flourescent jackets and a clipboard writing down your numberplate if you are speeding
Robin
Premium Member

6th Jan 05 at 14:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is, my car often sounds like its going faster than it is, cos i change gear late

oh, and two old dears gave me evils when i went round a corner with my inside wheel spinning cos of the oil on the road round my way
ScottyBrum

6th Jan 05 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
just hope they dont do a spot check if they come round, as one of my tyres may be illegal, and my headlight bulbs are, i only have one brake light, and my back number plate is so dirty, you cant read it

fuckin do-gooders though, obviously got nothing better to do, it pisses me off as much as the wankers who sit under bridges with flourescent jackets and a clipboard writing down your numberplate if you are speeding

How Did this fuddy duddy old git get your number plate then
Robin
Premium Member

6th Jan 05 at 14:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heard me coming and stepped out of his gate and read the front one
ScottyBrum

6th Jan 05 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough Farkin Do-gooder should be in the pub telling war stories!
James_DT

6th Jan 05 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
wankers who sit under bridges with flourescent jackets and a clipboard writing down your numberplate if you are speeding

So the people who are noting down you breaking the law?
Joff

6th Jan 05 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You shouldn't be on the road if your car's in such a state!
Robin
Premium Member

6th Jan 05 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at least my car works joff
Robin
Premium Member

6th Jan 05 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James_DT
quote:
wankers who sit under bridges with flourescent jackets and a clipboard writing down your numberplate if you are speeding

So the people who are noting down you breaking the law?

yeah, but its not like they are police, they are just old gits with nothing better to do. makes them feel big knowing that if they give the police a list, something gets done

just cos they are jealous of us young'uns in cars that we drive in the week, not just on a sunday
Colin

6th Jan 05 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been followed by some stupid cunt before into a car park to tell me my exhaust was too loud
Robin
Premium Member

6th Jan 05 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has it passed an MoT with that exhaust?, cos if it has, you could have just sat there revving it so the old fucker went even more deaf

actually thinking about it, he probably was deaf, so he cant have heard it, he must just have been upset cos the one on his volvo is tiny
Joff

6th Jan 05 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
at least my car works joff

Mine is legal. Yours is not.
Melville

6th Jan 05 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You know where he lives so make sure he has a broken front window in the morning
Robin
Premium Member

6th Jan 05 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol
Siberia

6th Jan 05 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kolin
Ive been followed by some stupid cunt before into a car park to tell me my exhaust was too loud

are u serious? a normal person? not a policeman/woman?

jesus christ he/she would have got some ear full of me
Skipz

6th Jan 05 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a warnign from the Police for my Exhaust in the rretail park.. showed them my newly written Mot and they fucked off and done my mate for having his fogs on serves him right
Colin

6th Jan 05 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
has it passed an MoT with that exhaust?, cos if it has, you could have just sat there revving it so the old fucker went even more deaf

actually thinking about it, he probably was deaf, so he cant have heard it, he must just have been upset cos the one on his volvo is tiny

He was driving behind and I could see it was annoying him hehe I just laughed told him top get the fuck out my way
Robin
Premium Member

6th Jan 05 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i shat the bloke up by revving and switching the car off then restarting it so it backfired, think he thought i was shooting at him!
Skipz

6th Jan 05 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what car was that in Kolin??
Colin

6th Jan 05 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
quote:
Originally posted by Kolin

are u serious? a normal person? not a policeman/woman?

jesus christ he/she would have got some ear full of me

Yea some old cunt in a red VW Passast estate I think his exact words were oi son that things too loud where do you live haha tosser
Colin

6th Jan 05 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by h18_oab
what car was that in Kolin??

GSi with Full Sebring system (no center box) and decat - It was fucking loud like
3CorsaMeal

6th Jan 05 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i chased kolin into a bush to tell him that i'd finished depositing the contents of my balls into his anus.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » speeding 22 database queries in 0.0161960 seconds