corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » do induction kits f*#k the air flow meter up????????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author do induction kits f*#k the air flow meter up????????
SHARPY

User status: Offline
   8th Jan 05 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is what ive been told!!
TOMAS

8th Jan 05 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They can do if you use to much oil or oil it on the car whilst engine is running...
Joff

8th Jan 05 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SHARPY
this is what ive been told!!

No. Increasing the amount of air will not cause a failure with the air flow meter.

Go up to whoever told you that and laugh at him whilst pointing at his forhead.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
9th Jan 05 at 02:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The best that you can hope for is an engine management light when the airflow meter starts seeing readings that are outside of tolerance. It won't damage the meter though.
Joff

9th Jan 05 at 03:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
The best that you can hope for is an engine management light when the airflow meter starts seeing readings that are outside of tolerance. It won't damage the meter though.

Even removing the airbox won't provoke the engine management light, unless there are breather/vacuum pipes that need to be attached somewhere (one reason to buy a tailored kit rather than universal Simota/RaceX style crap).
ed

9th Jan 05 at 03:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I have a free Pipercross induction kit please, until I have made a new airbox and SFi box... You can have it back afterwards
Joff

9th Jan 05 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What engine?
hazey-corsa

9th Jan 05 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PVD/ pipercross foam panel air filter fooked up my air mass meter, personally i think it depends which engine you have most people off here with B 1.2 16v engines have had problems with the AMM when adding an induction kit.
Joff

9th Jan 05 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by hazey-corsa
PVD/ pipercross foam panel air filter fooked up my air mass meter, personally i think it depends which engine you have most people off here with B 1.2 16v engines have had problems with the AMM when adding an induction kit.

How the fuck can an OE replacement filter damage your air mass meter?
The only way anything could have damaged your AMM is if you ran the car without the filter for a period of time, you over oiled the filter when fitting it or if you just fitted the filter incorrectly.

New Poll