corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone here in the army/RAF??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone here in the army/RAF??
sxi boy

User status: Offline
13th Jan 05 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thinkin bout joining up, go loadsa info from both, looks ace, would just like 2 hear about anyone else's experiences etc

cheers

[Edited on 13-01-2005 by sxi boy]
Ally

13th Jan 05 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to the entry tests, then ran a mile after hearing experiences from some of my friends that went to Germany
sxi boy

13th Jan 05 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ally
Got to the entry tests, then ran a mile after hearing experiences from some of my friends that went to Germany

which were?
Ally

13th Jan 05 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Over worked and under paid basically.

My friend matty went out to Norn Iron when the firemen went on strike, with shite equiptment, and shite pay. He was on about 11k p/a in the RGBW infantry.

If your gunna go in then learn a trade so you have somthing to take away with you if you ever decided to leave. I wanted to go into the Royal electrical and mechanical engineers (REME)
stuartmitchell

13th Jan 05 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was with the RAF for a while with the UAS, it was S.h.I.T.e

Too many stuck up fowk, one girls dad had his own jet and I turned up in my corsa

sxi boy

13th Jan 05 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was thinkin about going in as an officer in engineering part, or if i choose raf i was thinkin about pilot, but id have to go bk 2 uni fr that i think
stuartmitchell

13th Jan 05 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be fair the engineering boys were sound and a really good laugh

I think the pilots have been watching too much Top Gun though

sxi boy

13th Jan 05 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im edging towards the army at the mo, they sent me a dvd this morning and it looks absolutely ace
Carly

13th Jan 05 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im joining the RAF had all my aptitude tests etc, i originally applied for airtrafic control, but after good aptitude tests decided to go for NonCommisionedOffice WeaponsSystemsOperationsPersonel, which is aircrew, which is alot more money and alot more exciting,but alot harder to get into! I go away for my 3days final review March 28th,before joining, so wish me luck!
Carly

13th Jan 05 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my brothers an aircraft technician too, he's off to cyprus again in a few days to work on the choppers,lucky bugger
Lynny

13th Jan 05 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stubbsy

13th Jan 05 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everyone i know who has been in the army now hates the british army and all that it stands for especially after they have come back from iraq.

as said best to go for a job in there which you can come out and do if you choose to do it...
craigpcg

13th Jan 05 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was in the army for 3 years was shit hot, only thing is now uv got to sign up to 4 years now
Rob_Scarborough

13th Jan 05 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im in the RAF , have been for coming nearlly 2.5 years, im a weapons technician so basically some times i can be working on the lin, fitting weapons to and from aircraft, general turn around main whilst the aircraft is on the pan. Other times i can be working in the bomb dump which means servicing missles, making them up , servicing and building up ejections seats and then there looking after pistols\rifles etc. The lads i work with are a good bunch of lads, we have a right laugh and get to travel aswell, off to Davis Monthem on the 6th March so the new Harrier pilots can do there weapons course !! Gettin paid an extra £400 for going out there on top of my wages so its good ! If you want to know more about most trades , U2U me and ill be able to help ya out

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone here in the army/RAF?? 22 database queries in 0.0145950 seconds