corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Clutch, is it ok, need adjusting or just fucked?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clutch, is it ok, need adjusting or just fucked?
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Jan 05 at 23:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey, I've never driven any other corsa than mine, but when I go to depress the clutch, I've got a little bit of play before it actually starts working. Is this an easy adjustment to make, or are all Corsas like this? COuld it also be a sign of it dying or is it no problem at all?

All I know is that my dads mondeo doesnt do it and the punto i learned in was fucked anyhow so I dont really have much to compare it to

Cheers

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
russb

14th Jan 05 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on my corsa i have to push the clutch pedal right down so its on the floor, as soon as i lift it off the floor the tiniest amounts the car starts moving unless its in neutrel of course!

but mines fucked as well i think??
mav

15th Jan 05 at 02:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just depends m8.....

my veccy biting point is quite high...
Adam-D

15th Jan 05 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get it adjusted
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Jan 05 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So should I just take it to a garage, tell them the problem and they will do it or with the aid of a haynes book would it be possible to try it myself?

(I have just about zero experience under the bonnet)

Cheers

[Edited on 15-01-2005 by m0nDe0]

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Mase
Premium Member

15th Jan 05 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by russb
on my corsa i have to push the clutch pedal right down so its on the floor, as soon as i lift it off the floor the tiniest amounts the car starts moving unless its in neutrel of course!

but mines fucked as well i think??

mines the same, but i've had a new clutch in feb 2003 and a new clutch cable in july 2003. Its been back to have it adjusted 3 times an it still comes back the same, but the gears engage better. The clutch can't be knackard cos it's only done 5500 miles

Mase
Will_Sport

15th Jan 05 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tighten the cable, mind bites quite low, i don't like them biting high, but don't want it biting right on the floor
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Jan 05 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't suppose you could give me a rough guide on how the hell I go about doing that could you?

Where abouts is the end of the cable which i need to tighten?

Cheers

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

17th Jan 05 at 09:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt, Anyone know where to start when tightening the cable? Cheeers

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

New Poll