corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car Crashed Gutted, Bloody Merc Driver!!!! Now with pic on page 2!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car Crashed Gutted, Bloody Merc Driver!!!! Now with pic on page 2!
hazey-corsa

User status: Offline
   25th Jan 05 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above, this morning on my usual way to work I was travelling along the same residential lane about a mile away from my house as I usually do when some guy in a Mercedes pulls out un frot of me! I slammed on but it was no good and I went straight into him. The whole front end of my car is smashed in and Im pretty sure itll be a write off

The way the guy was acting when we were swapping insurance details makes me think that he's gonna try and blame it on me cause I am the young boy racer type lad and he is a old rich guy, there were no witnesses so I wont even be able to prove that it was his fault!

Im gutted and now I cant even get to work cause ive been refused a courtesy car cause im only 18!!

[Edited on 27-01-2005 by hazey-corsa]
3CorsaMeal

25th Jan 05 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bummer
neiliosxi

25th Jan 05 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u should've rang the police straight away if he was like that, he will say u were speeding along with your music blasting etc.
MatthewR

25th Jan 05 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gutting
hazey-corsa

25th Jan 05 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An off duty copper came along on his was to work and saw the aftermath i.e me almost cryin and my car smashed in the middle of the road. And the guy sorta admitted it then to the copper but I do not have this coppers name or badge number cause I was shaken up and in disbelief kinda.

One mistake the bloke made was to show me where his house is.

Ill say one thing tho, those mercs are solid cars. My whole front end was fooked and his was just a bit dented and scratched!!
_Allan_

25th Jan 05 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They way the damage happend to the cars it would be difficult to blame you. He pulled out on you. Frontal damage to your car and side damage to his. I'm guessing you were on the road and he was coming out of a side street?.

[Edited on 25-01-2005 by _Allan_]
drunkenfool

25th Jan 05 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutted for ya mate, i know exactly how it feels
hazey-corsa

25th Jan 05 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
They way the damage happend to the cars it would be difficult to blame you. He pulled out on you. Frontal damage to your car and side damage to his. I'm guessing you were on the road and he was coming out of a side street?.

[Edited on 25-01-2005 by _Allan_]

Its kinda hard to explain. He was on the road indicating right and I was coming from the opposite direction. I had two cars in front of me indicating to turn left (into the same road he was indicating to go into) after they had turned left he turned right after them, being as I was goin straight onward we came to blows!!

I see what you mean about the damage to the cars, cheers that will work in my defence if it comes to that
Ally

25th Jan 05 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont worry about it, just be honest and give a strong statement. Call the police station and say an off duty police officer helped you and ask if they can ask around and get him to contact you
_Allan_

25th Jan 05 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aghh I see, regardless of any music blasting/speeding or any other nonsense he tries to accuse you of. He had to give way to you. He pulled out on you, simple as.
leeshez

25th Jan 05 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bad stuff that M8
boyracer2002

25th Jan 05 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No way mate unlucky
Jambo

25th Jan 05 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to hear that
Adam-D

25th Jan 05 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pablo

25th Jan 05 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mutha fcuker
Half Pint

25th Jan 05 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

law of averages mate, he pulled from a minor road to a major, he will get the blame, that exactly what happened to me when a bird pulled out on me stupid bint
hazey-corsa

25th Jan 05 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He didnt pull out from a minor to a major he was ona minor turning into a minor, that make any difference? Either way he pulled out on me!

Just thinkin, before the recovery truck came I managed to salvage my alloys sub 6x9s and my amps as well as personal stuff such as CD's etc, I left my CD player in there, will I be able to get It back does anyone kno?
BigSte

25th Jan 05 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You say you have no witnesses and if he tries blaming you it will end up being a split-claim as there is not much evidence to put the blame fully on himself.
I'd suggest gettin a mate to say that he was one of the cars turning left and witnessed the accident, that way he could give a statement saying the merc driver was at fault.

Just a suggestion tho
Mark Petty

25th Jan 05 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see what you did, explain that to your insurance company, its obvious its his fault as he pulled out on you. He may try and say you were speeding but from what u said u couldn't of been as there were 2 cars turning.
I'm guessing he thought u were going to turn aswell.
U can claim loss of earnings etc anyway so I wouldn't worry too much.

Sorry to hear it mate
BigSte

25th Jan 05 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by hazey-corsa
He didnt pull out from a minor to a major he was ona minor turning into a minor, that make any difference? Either way he pulled out on me!

Just thinkin, before the recovery truck came I managed to salvage my alloys sub 6x9s and my amps as well as personal stuff such as CD's etc, I left my CD player in there, will I be able to get It back does anyone kno?

When mine was wrote off it was stored in my mates garage for a day till insurance collected it so I managed to take just about everythin off of it, but there was some stuff on the car like my spoiler, alarm system and morettes after insurance had taken it away.
Insurance made me an offer on the car (which I rejected), they then made a second offer for the car (which I accepted). There was still some stuff left on the car so insurance offered me £25 for spoiler and £25 for alarm and nothing for morettes. I rejected that offer and said I will go to the salvage yard and take them off.

I went to the yard, removed my spoiler and morettes then tried taking my alarm out. Got in a mess so just chopped a large part of the wiring loom out with the alarm and took it with me.

So answer to your question is yes they will let you go back to the car. Remember to take your tax disc as well cos you can cash it back in
drunkenfool

25th Jan 05 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt know you could refuse offers from the insurance companies, might be useful to know
Gez G

25th Jan 05 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work for an insurance company mate, and in cases like this, he pulled across you so its his fault for being in your lane, not always settled like that though, depends.
You may wanna get yourself a "witness" if you know what I mean!

Sorry to hear about that though!
BigSte

25th Jan 05 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
I didnt know you could refuse offers from the insurance companies, might be useful to know

yeah I was told always to reject first offer then they will come back with a batter one. They offered me £2400 for my standard 1.2 N Reg corsa I rejected it, so they made me another offer of £2700.
I was laughing all the way to the bank
BigSte

25th Jan 05 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something else for you to think about mate is injuries.
I'd have thought a crash like that could have caused an 'injury' Get yourself down to the hospital tonight.

Extra couple of grand for damages on your claim
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jan 05 at 11:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your right of way, he crossed that right of way his fault end of

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car Crashed Gutted, Bloody Merc Driver!!!! Now with pic on page 2! 22 database queries in 0.0156491 seconds