corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » newbie wanting help

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author newbie wanting help
FizzyRascel

User status: Offline
28th Jan 05 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi people am new, do u guys know anything about engine transplants in corsas and what bodykits are availiable, also whats the biggest rims that i can fit with good handling.

got about 7k to spend over a couple of years, i choose a corsa cos they cheap to keep and fix and not too complex
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

28th Jan 05 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

welcome

bodykits... check a copy of Total Vauxhall, full of adverts.

Engine transplants.. what do you want to know about them?

Biggest rims with good handling? I dont personally know but i'll take a stab in the dark and say 16's

you should also say if you have a Corsa B (old shape) or Corsa C (new shape).

FizzyRascel

28th Jan 05 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get some bits already from a friend who works in scrappy, but don't know wot i need, he can save me most bits
FizzyRascel

28th Jan 05 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a 97 model and has a red stripe, i've seen people overtaking skylines and scoobys in videos with them.

whats the best and easier engines to use, dont know many vaux, dont they do a gsi turbo engine from astra
Cybermonkey

28th Jan 05 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey fizzy, welcome to the board.
For a start, do you have a Corsa B or C? With either, dont go too mad with bodykits, subtle is the way forward. Stuff from Irmscher/ Steinmetz etc is all good stuff IMO. Biggest rims without sacrificing acceleration and ride are 16's, as willay said.
If you have a B, you can easily transplant a bigger corsa engine, like the 1.6 16v unit, or a 2.0 16v unit from an older Astra/Cavalier/Calibra, or even the 2.0 Turbo unit. Some on here go as far as fitting v6's (ahem Beardy). If you have a C, i have seen quite a few next gen 2.0 16v units transplanted into them, and have seen the 2.0 turbo engine from the Astra mk4 Turbo or VX220 Turbo. Im not too wise on C's though, so ni doubt i will be corrected.

My suggestion if you have 7k is to buy a 1.6/2.0 16v and fit Throttle Bodies, you can get over 200 BHP from either engine, althugh the 2.0 is a better starting block, since it has more power and torque than the 1.6. 1.6's are newer though
Cybermonkey

28th Jan 05 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry, started typing before your last post you have a Corsa B
FizzyRascel

28th Jan 05 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thx cybermonkey24

i will have to tell my friend what cars to look out for as they get quite a lot in a week, the less i spend on the exterior then the more i could put in engine bay would prefer being fast then looking good, but don't want it looking weedy and standard

1.6 sounds too small will it lack top end speed? how do u get a v6 corsa? is that a clio engine?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

28th Jan 05 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

v6 is from an omega, not sure what else...
Cybermonkey

28th Jan 05 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FizzyRascel
thx cybermonkey24

i will have to tell my friend what cars to look out for as they get quite a lot in a week, the less i spend on the exterior then the more i could put in engine bay would prefer being fast then looking good, but don't want it looking weedy and standard

1.6 sounds too small will it lack top end speed? how do u get a v6 corsa? is that a clio engine?

2.5 and 3.0 V6's were from Calibra's, cavaliers and Omegas. AndyH on this board has a 1.6 Corsa on throttle bodies, with 214bhp, sub 6 second 0-60 and his gearbox is geared for about 130mph.
Cybermonkey

28th Jan 05 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
quote:
Originally posted by FizzyRascel
thx cybermonkey24

2.5 and 3.0 V6's were from Calibra's, cavaliers and Omegas. AndyH on this board has a 1.6 Corsa on throttle bodies, with 214bhp, sub 6 second 0-60 and his gearbox is geared for about 130mph.

Also from Senator's and Carlton's.
3CorsaMeal

28th Jan 05 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cavalier v6 too,

don't know if they did many.

looked out for a v6 lump or a 2.0 turbo personnally i think u should build a v6 one with no silly kit or too much added weight, with the right suspension setup it would fly
Karen

28th Jan 05 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What age are u? Could u afford the insurance for all this engine work
hazey-corsa

28th Jan 05 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah stay away from lairy big body kits as they are poo and will ruin the sleeper stance u kno u want!!

For £7K I would fit either a 2.0 litre with throttle bodies (C20XE engine code) or a 2.0 litre turbo (C20LET engine code). Personally I would go for the throttle bodied 2.0 litre as from what I hear they get the power down better cause the turbos will just sit there wheel spinning!You will also need to fit adjustable suspension, get the best you can afford, KONI's or FK high sport coilovers are a gud bet! 16" rims are a good comprimise between style and performance as you can fit big brakes behind them which you also will need with a big power car(obviously).

If you have any money left over get yourself a LSD as I also hear very good things about them!
bradfincham

28th Jan 05 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you have 7k, sell your car and put it towards a faster car in the first place!

Or look through classifieds and but one of the already 2ltr 16v corsas as will save you in long run,
whack on £800 worth of 4pots and rear disc conversion
£500 of suspension - coilovers
£1k of chrome bits
£1k leather interior/rollcage and buckets
and spend the rest insuring the damn thing!

Always best to buy a 2ltr alreayd in the car, as all fitted and saves cost and hassle!
FizzyRascel

28th Jan 05 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

want to build something thats my own, dont want a car that everyone knows is fast, would prefer something cheap that i know inside out

Foxylady i'm 21 and insurance shouldnt be a problem when you kno the right people, start a new job soon and shouldn't be short of cash
hazey-corsa

28th Jan 05 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed, I prefer a car thats a bit of a sleeper. I agree with what your saying about building something yourself aswell its more fun, altho sometimes stresfull as you can tailor it to your tastes as long as money and other things dont get in the way!
FizzyRascel

28th Jan 05 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who sells engine parts for these engines, i think the 2.0turbo sounds good, how quick could i make this? BHP etc? turbo spins the wheels alot on small cars tho, used to own a punto turbo for about 3months, but it was pretty annoying

or would the v6 be better and more powerful to start with?
Cybermonkey

28th Jan 05 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fizzy pmsl, dont shout too loud about owning a punto GT, your ass will be violated on here!! There is a member on here called akeemking with a very special corsa 2.0 turbo
Cybermonkey

28th Jan 05 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he is running about 300bhp now...
hazey-corsa

28th Jan 05 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get in contact with Lee Mitchell if you need to talk about engine conversions in corsas as he is the man in the know!

How fast you an make your car is all up to how much money you have and how willing you are to have the car off the road for months and sacrifice the normal drivability.
Ditch

28th Jan 05 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

piss off ollie
Ditch

28th Jan 05 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ wild guess!
hazey-corsa

28th Jan 05 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ollie???
FizzyRascel

28th Jan 05 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i reckon i could fit most of it myself with my uncle's help, he used to re-shell rally cars
hazey-corsa

28th Jan 05 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The M-Tech fitting kit U will need for a 2 litre conversion will include basic fitting instructions if you and your uncle are competant mechanic type people defo have a go at it yourself and save some money for mods!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » newbie wanting help 22 database queries in 0.0189309 seconds