corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FoOKin insurance- Fooking winkers - Now sorted -Daves a legend!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FoOKin insurance- Fooking winkers - Now sorted -Daves a legend!!!
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Feb 05 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how can a policy increase when theres no change to the policy except that Im now over 21 and Ive got 4 years ncd - as opposed to the 3 I had last year

Am I being penalised for getting an extra years no claims or turning 21

[Edited on 17-02-2005 by LiVe LeE]
Mark Petty

16th Feb 05 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fcuking wankers thats well out of order.
I reckon its down to all the false claims etc

Try changing insurance compaines
Mark Petty

16th Feb 05 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who are u with at the moment?
Paul H

16th Feb 05 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be due to all the chavs with no insurance pushing premuims up
langey

16th Feb 05 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

be mad if mine goes up. what is it gone up to and how much by?
SetoN!

16th Feb 05 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work for car insurance and ive seen prices go up since the new year. So ur gonna get it anywhere m8.
Jules S
Premium Member

16th Feb 05 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetoN!
I work for car insurance and ive seen prices go up since the new year. So ur gonna get it anywhere m8.

this is too true...my car has dropped in value 7k and im still paying more than when i started.....fookas
RichR
Premium Member

16th Feb 05 at 23:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im with HIC and Ive got a limited mileage "agreed valuation" Fully comp policy - nothings changed from last year

to top it off they wont protect theno claims disount either - until u have 5 years - most place protect after 4

Its only gone up by £5 but its just the audacity of it all - I dont see why I should be penalised

Adrian Flux have come back with a slightly higher quote than HIC but they will protect the ncd - which is worth the extra tbh - I might try and push HIC to protect at the price theyve quoted then I'll think about staying with them

Would help if PHIL hadnt left
Rebrabuk

17th Feb 05 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't go to Flux..
Red_SXi

17th Feb 05 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a mate who works in car insurance, he has told me some very interesting things.

Certain companies (to name one, zurich) have a policy that the renewal must be 10% higher than the cost of last year, even with an extra years NCB and the driver being 1 year older. Its a joke
R Lee

17th Feb 05 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine went up.
John

17th Feb 05 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a new quote with them instead of a renewal quote. Most companies try harder to attract new customers than they do keeping old ones.
Siberia

17th Feb 05 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we had this over here for a few years on the trot and the insurance federation was saying that " insurance companys weren't making any money"....

the goverment steped in and made them publish there figures. and between them and theres only about 10 insurance companys over here.. they made €560 in the first 10 months of 2003.

my premium halfed last year....
supacook2k

17th Feb 05 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rebrabuk
Don't go to Flux..

why?
Siberia

17th Feb 05 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by supacook2k
quote:
Don't go to Flux..

why?

from a few threads ive read on here and mig.... yeh they have good prices but when the shit hits the fan there service is a complete joke....

just what ive read though could be wrong....
BigSte

17th Feb 05 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Red_SXi
I have a mate who works in car insurance, he has told me some very interesting things.

Certain companies (to name one, zurich) have a policy that the renewal must be 10% higher than the cost of last year, even with an extra years NCB and the driver being 1 year older. Its a joke

the missus is with Zurich and hers has just gone from £1400 per year to about £850 this month when she renewed.
She has just got 1 years no claims
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

17th Feb 05 at 08:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
quote:
Originally posted by supacook2k
quote:
Don't go to Flux..

why?

from a few threads ive read on here and mig.... yeh they have good prices but when the shit hits the fan there service is a complete joke....

just what ive read though could be wrong....

I hear exactly the same but for HIC
barteh

17th Feb 05 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
Am I being penalised for getting an extra years no claims or turning 21

My misses who's with diamond has had her insurance go up an extra £200 this week. shes made no claims ever, no accidants and shes got an extra years ncb. fooking day light robbery.
I told her to fcuk them on and change to someone else, but i dont think she has.
loz@sussexcarz.com

17th Feb 05 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

insurance premiums go up 20% each yr-nothing u can do about it
mwg

17th Feb 05 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate Im with HIC too and when it came to renewal it went up £15 even though nothing had changed apart from me getting an extra years no claims! Rang around elsewhere and got a quote that only beat them by £30. Then rang HIC back up told them I could beat their quote elsewhere , gave them the price and who it was with and they rang back next day with a quote that was nearly £150 less than their original quote!!!! Play them off against each other, it pays off in my experience!

[Edited on 17-02-2005 by corsa_boy69]
RichR
Premium Member

17th Feb 05 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am but as of yet - no1 can beat their price - do they check the price??? or could I randomly pull one from nowhere
mwg

17th Feb 05 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not sure how much they check it as I did get a genuine quote that beat theres so if they had checked it then it wouldnt of been a problem for me as it was genuine. My better quote came from Performance Direct although I accidently on purpose forgot to tell HIC that Performance Direct do let you modify your car but they will only repair your car to standard in the event of an accident!
RichR
Premium Member

17th Feb 05 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah I had that with LIV.Vic last year - so might give the two of them a try ithis mornign - then phone HIC and get them to do something about it - tbh tho - Adrian Flux's although more expensive is actually a better price as it includes the protected NCD

its ghey how after 4 years they still wont protect it - that means another year of worryed driving
mwg

17th Feb 05 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adrian Flux quoted me £1100, HIC did it for £530 wasnt gonna pay £500+ for protected no claims
RichR
Premium Member

17th Feb 05 at 11:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theyre only £30 more expensive than HIC - so makes it worthwhile for me
I payed £465 last year and they want £469 this year - i know its not a great difference but its the principle of it - gonna try Liv.Vic and Performance Direct in a bit

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FoOKin insurance- Fooking winkers - Now sorted -Daves a legend!!! 22 database queries in 0.0154800 seconds