corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Got my court date on the 25th Feb *UPDATE*

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Got my court date on the 25th Feb *UPDATE*
dave17

User status: Offline
   17th Feb 05 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some of u may remember me gettin caught by a handheld lazer gun by traffic police over 6months ago for doing 59 in a 30 limit.

well i recieved the court summons a few weeks ago

i would just like to say that this myth about having to recieve notice within 6months is bullshit. i recieved the summons on the 21st January, BUT its been backdated to the 10th. i got caught on 13/7/4. and was told by the officer that i would RECIEVE notice BEFORE 6 months. i have the envelope it all the paperwork came in, and the postal mark is 20/1/05 so this proves it was sent late, BUT i have spoken to my solicitor, and he says they are within their rights due to them backdating it to the 10th.

so basically i cant get out of it!! i am expected to get 6points and a fine, luckily i have been driving over 2 years so i dont worry about a ban.

and no 'its your own fault posts' please. i do know that, as i was driving. and have not gone over the limit since the day i got caught, and never will

[Edited on 18-02-2005 by Dave17]
Edd

17th Feb 05 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

contest it.ask if it was fully calibrated that day and if so you would like to see proof
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

17th Feb 05 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck mate, any more pics of your girlfriend?
Siberia

17th Feb 05 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its your own fault you you speeder you
Siberia

17th Feb 05 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Good luck mate, any more pics of your girlfriend?

dave17

17th Feb 05 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd_20
contest it.ask if it was fully calibrated that day and if so you would like to see proof

it was not calibrated that day no, i do have the date on the paperwork but its all at the solicitors at the mo. i know it was calibrated over 18months b4 i got caught

dnt really know the ins and out of this get out.
dave17

17th Feb 05 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

willay - nope, ive been letting the team down i know
willay
Premium Member

17th Feb 05 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AFAIK it had to be calibrated lately or on the day?
corsa kev
Premium Member

17th Feb 05 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your shafted mate,
i had same thing mine wsas over a year then they backdated it!
they do whatever they want!

good luck with it though!
willay
Premium Member

17th Feb 05 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave17

I shook your hand and everything
Edd

17th Feb 05 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well im pretty sure it has to be calibrated that day for it to be accurate.if your lawyers any good he will get you off.
dave17

17th Feb 05 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well il have a word with him in a min. but the whole date thing is all 'legitimate' in the polices eyes
dave17

17th Feb 05 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:

I shook your willy and everything

and very good u were
Paul_J

17th Feb 05 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel your Pain
dave17

17th Feb 05 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u sure do ive been feeling it for 6months tho

(but hopefully i wont be gettin banned )
vibrio
Banned

17th Feb 05 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
some of u may remember me gettin caught by a handheld lazer gun by traffic police over 6months ago for doing 59 in a 30 limit.

i would just like to say that this myth about having to recieve notice within 6months is bullshit. i recieved the summons on the 21st January, BUT its been backdated to the 10th. i got caught on 13/7/4. and was told by the officer that i would RECIEVE notice BEFORE 6 months. i have the envelope it all the paperwork came in, and the postal mark is 20/1/05 so this proves it was sent late, BUT i have spoken to my solicitor, and he says they are within their rights due to them backdating it to the 10th.

so basically i cant get out of it!! i am expected to get 6points and a fine, luckily i have been driving over 2 years so i dont worry about a ban.

and no 'its your own fault posts' please. i do know that, as i was driving. and have not gone over the limit since the day i got caught, and never will

I would still argue the case that back dating it effectively removes the 6 months limit if they happen to be a bit late.
CCA

17th Feb 05 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck mate

Try an argue about the calibration date
Lynny

17th Feb 05 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
well im pretty sure it has to be calibrated that day for it to be accurate.if your lawyers any good he will get you off.

end of the day, whether they back date or not, he was still speeding and should still suffer the consequences no matter what the date, no being harsh here dave, i knwo if it was me speeding, id expect to pay the penelty, im not having a dig at u, what im trying to say is if a relative of someone on here was killed by someone speeding, then theyd want them to pay, no matter how long it took, hence why ts called justice
Paul_J

17th Feb 05 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly lynny... I'm just gonna take my penalty - what's the point in trying to riggle out of it. If I get punished it should hopefully teach me a lesson.

Where as if I got away with something I'd no doubt do it again (I just hope I don't get banned )
dave17

17th Feb 05 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i can accept, if im getting done, im getting done, no1 else was driving the car but me so its gota b me that pays for it. but id a police procedure is out of place, or if i can get out of it, then il do it. i am currently unemployed and will be left with a heavy fine too. only makes sense to see if i can find a get out clause.

but no1 was hurt, its a 3 lane dual carriageway at 1am in the morning on a fast road. wasnt putting lives at risk other than my own, but u do that as soon as u get in a car anyway, or even walking down the stairs, depends how u look at it.
willay
Premium Member

17th Feb 05 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
quote:

end of the day, whether they back date or not, he was still speeding and should still suffer the consequences no matter what the date, no being harsh here dave, i knwo if it was me speeding, id expect to pay the penelty, im not having a dig at u, what im trying to say is if a relative of someone on here was killed by someone speeding, then theyd want them to pay, no matter how long it took, hence why ts called justice

what if what if what if, what if he hit the last panda couple on earth while they were crossing the road and there was no more hope for the panda cause dave17 hit them?

What if?

He did 59, got caught, let him try to worm out of it.
Ally

17th Feb 05 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe you'll watch you speed next time
willay
Premium Member

17th Feb 05 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think of the PANDAS.
dave17

17th Feb 05 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:

I would still argue the case that back dating it effectively removes the 6 months limit if they happen to be a bit late.

well to be honest, i dont wana piss them off, solicitor says its probably best to just plead guilty by post, with a nice letter and hope for the best. if i start contesting it about procedures theyl prob punish me harsher
dave17

17th Feb 05 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ally
Maybe you'll watch you speed next time

maybe ul pass ur test someday soon

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Got my court date on the 25th Feb *UPDATE* 22 database queries in 0.0151670 seconds