corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » standard cassette radio in a corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author standard cassette radio in a corsa
timmy toad

User status: Offline
9th Mar 05 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my missus has just got a P reg corsa, the original radio had been removed due to a suspected fault (it switched itself on all on it's own, ghostly like !), anyway i got another one from Ebay and fitted it.

I first thought it strange, that i didnt seem to be able to pre-set any of the stations on the Medium Wave, mainly 828 (it's what she likes), whenever switched off an on it always auto tunes itself. that is what i found without actually driving it anywhere.

but now the missus is actually driving the car, she says she switches it off, but it always switches itself on again when the engine is started up again !!!,

is this normal ?, or perhaps it is kaput ?.

tim

ryansss

10th Mar 05 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine automaticaly comes on when the engine is started. I blame the monkeys at halfords.

When I got my new stereo they fitted it so that its only on when the engine is running. I complained as I liked my old set up. They played with it, and couldnt do it without setting off all my display lights on the dash!!! They then set about using electrical tape to fix the mess.

Bloody thing is constantly on now when the engines on. Never trust a bunch of 17 yr halfords workers. BTW it took three of them to do this.
timmy toad

10th Mar 05 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers buddy, it seems that if want summat doing properly you have to do it yourself !, LOL

New Poll