corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What to do?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What to do?
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Apr 05 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I passed my test I got a 98 12v Corsa Breeze with my dad paying for most of it, and me paying insurance and a bit of car.
With my part time job I can only just keep it in petrol and occasional repairs etc. My Cars just had the shit keyed out of the back of it, and a few bits nicked off it and it will cost me about 500 quid to fix. My Dad said I could borrow the money to fix it, but that would mean me paying it off most of the summer
Im about to finish college, and am choosing unis at the moment. I thought about fixing the car, working through summer to pay it off, but then leaving it at home while at uni, letting it rot away for 4 years.

OR I could fix it, sell it and get something a little older, maybe a 1.4, 1.6 as my insurance is about to run out, and ive got 1 yrs NCB etc. and then take it to uni.

My Part time employer has offered me a full time job through summer which I can carry on if I decide to scrub uni so i should be able to get a bit of money over the next few months.

If I sold my car and just went without one through uni, i reckon my dad would get offended that I sold it and give him another reason to be pissed off

What d'ya reckon? - Anyone else taken a car to uni? would you advise it?

Cheers

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BabyBlade

24th Apr 05 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont fix it to be using money from all summer to cover it, wouldnt be worth it imo. but yeah dont sell it your dad would be gutted..

just keep it, your a student and it still does its job. simple.

ps use money from summer to get drunk and pay for hot hunnies
Colin

24th Apr 05 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its ur car do as you please bigger gines only gonna cost you more to run etc!!
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Apr 05 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You seen the mess its in though?
Its depressing just looking at it

Plus apparently if I dont get it sorted soon - rust will become a real threat and then Ill be talking loads to fix it

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Apr 05 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin

I only suggested a bigger engine since as I'd be changing for a cheaper/older car - I might aswell upgrade something.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Colin

24th Apr 05 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It cant be worth much anyway, just run it into the ground and get something better when you have the money + NCB
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Apr 05 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Colin

24th Apr 05 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by m0nDe0
quote:

I only suggested a bigger engine since as I'd be changing for a cheaper/older car - I might aswell upgrade something.

"With my part time job I can only just keep it in petrol and occasional repairs etc"

^^This will go up alot with a bigger/older car!!!!

Mase
Premium Member

24th Apr 05 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i sold mine in january cos i thought i'd get something faster for the summer, but cos i'm not working during uni term time i can't really afford anythin decent, but to be honest i think it would be a waste of money just for the summer months !! Depending on what uni u go, will decide whether a car is essential. As it is, i'm at sheffield hallam and i don't need a car cos i'm right in the city centre and i save soooo much money

Mase
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Apr 05 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont reckon i'll need a car at uni, but I really enjoy driving it anyway, so I'd miss it

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Laney

24th Apr 05 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It cant be worth much anyway, just run it into the ground and get something better when you have the money + NCB

Thats what I was gonna say
Mase
Premium Member

24th Apr 05 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by m0nDe0
I dont reckon i'll need a car at uni, but I really enjoy driving it anyway, so I'd miss it

thats wot i thought and i still want my own car occasionly, but then i realise how much money i'm saving, but i'm insured on my mums SXI, so i've still got a car to drive now an then.

Mase
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Apr 05 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would just get a pushrod... but I think ive forgotton how to ride one

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What to do? 23 database queries in 0.0121920 seconds