corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South Wales » rolling road??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rolling road??
mad4corsa

User status: Offline
11th May 05 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im in mid Wales wheres the closest rolling road place to me better if its in Wales, and what exactly will they do?, and Cost please?
Bonzai

11th May 05 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

assuming your not doing 4wd, go to willfield motors in abercynon just off the a470, really easy to find. not sure how much he will charge you for it.

basically you drive your car onto teh rollers and get out. tommi warms the car up to operating temperature then sets up the pc to record the run. will go through the gears into 5th keeping revs as low as possible, then in 5th slowly accelerating whilst watching the computer. the computer shows horspower in realtime and once the car has peaked he dips the clutch and the car does what it likes then. on the wind down the computer calculates a torque figure for you. give it 5 mins and you get a print out too
Bonzai

11th May 05 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.yell.com/search/ShowMap?nat_id=230991&location=SOUTH+WALES&clarifyIndex=&clarifyOptions=&searchType=classic&replayURL=%2Fucs%2FUcsSearchAction.do%3Fooa%3Don%26searchType%3Dclassic%26companyName%3Dwillfield%2Bmotors%26location%3Dsouth%2Bwales%26scrambleSeed%3D17842%26slscrambleSeed%3D
Welsh-Cruiser

11th May 05 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't Go There Mate

They Don't Strap The Cars Down
mentalasanything

11th May 05 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzai
assuming your not doing 4wd, go to willfield motors in abercynon just off the a470, really easy to find. not sure how much he will charge you for it.

I wud agree with Bonzai! And they charge £50 odd for a run
Welsh-Cruiser

11th May 05 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I Went There With SW-CC An They Were Skiddin Off The Rollers Cause They Weren't Strapped Down
Bonzai

11th May 05 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate.

unless its running serious power its not gonna go anywhere

and if youre not happy you can always ask
Welsh-Cruiser

11th May 05 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzai
ok mate.

unless its running serious power its not gonna go anywhere

and if youre not happy you can always ask

I Don't Mean My Car

Ye Sum Pretty Powerfull Car's There 200SX.... Corrado etc
Bonzai

11th May 05 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing with the rolling road day is it would take twice as long if he straps every car down. in 99% of runs will be fine and tommi is experienced enoughj to know when to abort power runs. hes not as stupid as he looks.

and as far as i know tommi's is the closest to mid wales, and for the extra cost of travelling to somewhere really good like interpro (never mind the higher charge for a session) id say its his best option
philwarren11

13th May 05 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do strap the cars down if needed mate. On the warn up its checked to see if its needed.

My mate took his golf up there the other day, the strapped the fron down across the engine, the front tow hitch, rear tow hitch and the rear wheels.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South Wales » rolling road?? 23 database queries in 0.0123529 seconds