corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Got a problem with my corsa and its still under warrenty

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Got a problem with my corsa and its still under warrenty
Dean_H

User status: Offline
13th May 05 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The dials which display the mileage does not illuminate no more.....

Can i take my car to any vauxhall garage to get it fixed?
What department in the dealer do i ask to fix this problem? Parts? Servicing?

cheers
Edd

13th May 05 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i doubt that will be covered under warranty they will probably fob you off by saying it is a consumable item
Dean_H

13th May 05 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd_20
i doubt that will be covered under warranty they will probably fob you off by saying it is a consumable item

I have a full 3 year warrenty, if they dont fix it for free im playing fuck
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

13th May 05 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

servicing.
Dean_H

13th May 05 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
servicing.

cheers
Edd

13th May 05 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dean_H
quote:

yeah i know but im just telling you what they will probably say,think of it this way if a brake light went out would they replace that for free?
Dean_H

13th May 05 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dean_H
quote:

yeah i know but im just telling you what they will probably say,think of it this way if a brake light went out would they replace that for free?

hmm yea can see where you are coming from but still it should be covered under warrenty
Edd

13th May 05 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not being a cunt its just i've dealt with dealers on things like this and if they can get away with not sorting it they will
GIBBS

13th May 05 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

it's not really, as this is not an item that would be down to the customer to replace, it's hardly as straight forward as a brake light + this light should not stop illuminating for years it'll be built for the lifetime of the car. And definately shouldn't go in 3 years! Just go down to servicing mate and tell them to fix it.
Edd

13th May 05 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GIBBS
quote:

it's not really, as this is not an item that would be down to the customer to replace, it's hardly as straight forward as a brake light + this light should not stop illuminating for years it'll be built for the lifetime of the car. And definately shouldn't go in 3 years! Just go down to servicing mate and tell them to fix it.

of course it is there is no bulb in the world that is guaranteed to last for a lifetime
GIBBS

13th May 05 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

of course it is there is no bulb in the world that is guaranteed to last for a lifetime

I didnt say lifetime, i said lifetime of the car. + they are not conventional bulbs as it's a digital screen which shows the mileage. and they last ALOT longer then normal bulbs so will be made for the lifetime of the car. It is not easy to get behind there so they would not put bulbs that will blow like normal bulbs etc.. breaklight bulbs.
Edd

13th May 05 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I didnt say lifetime, i said lifetime of the car. + they are not conventional bulbs as it's a digital screen which shows the mileage. and they last ALOT longer then normal bulbs so will be made for the lifetime of the car. It is not easy to get behind there so they would not put bulbs that will blow like normal bulbs etc.. breaklight bulbs.

agreed but like i said im just saying what they will probably say
Edd

13th May 05 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the best thing he can do is phone and find out.
GIBBS

13th May 05 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Imo mate, just go down there if u have time or ring and book your car in, you won't have a problem getting that fixed.
Dean_H

13th May 05 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers everyone,

Yes it is an LCD screen so its gonna be more expensive and taxing to change rather than a simple bulbs.

When there is bright daylight you can just about make out the outline of the lcd.

Will pop down later! cheers!
Edd

13th May 05 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hopefully its covered.
mwg

13th May 05 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It might not be the bulb. My mate had the same problem with his Astra dials and it was a fuse that had blown. Just an idea
paul_spurrell

13th May 05 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its a blub they aren't covered. mine went on the clocks and i had to do it myself
Dean_H

13th May 05 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by paul_spurrell
if its a blub they aren't covered. mine went on the clocks and i had to do it myself

The clocks (speedo / rev ) backround is working, its the LCD screen that isnt working, not illuminating
Richie

13th May 05 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right so can you still see the details on the LCD display if you look close?

If its not illuminated then its just a 99p bulb thats behind it.
Dean_H

13th May 05 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie
Right so can you still see the details on the LCD display if you look close?

If its not illuminated then its just a 99p bulb thats behind it.

Yes you can see it if you look close, most prob it is as simple as a 99p bulb, diode blown or fuse or summing its just the fuss of taking the dash appart. Id rather leave a vauxhall monkey do it.
langey

13th May 05 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just because you got warranty dont mean it will be fixed for free. my dads mate had a brand new corsa, no longer than 4months, the wiper blades were fucked on it, took it to vaux, they fixed it for him then charged him 25quid

dannycorsa c

13th May 05 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it should be covered! just ring n find out
Andrew

13th May 05 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by langey
just because you got warranty dont mean it will be fixed for free. my dads mate had a brand new corsa, no longer than 4months, the wiper blades were fucked on it, took it to vaux, they fixed it for him then charged him 25quid

what do you expect Things such as tyres, brakes, bulbs are wear and tear. I fucked the brakes up on the Saxo because of the way i drive but i'm not going to take it to Citroen for them to bill me. I'd rather give the work to a one man band back street garage who takes time and pride over his work. These types of garages look afer your car as they would look after themselves.
Richie

13th May 05 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the corsa is under warranty and the bulb has gone behind the LCD panel then it will be covered under warranty as its not designed as a user replaceable part.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Got a problem with my corsa and its still under warrenty 22 database queries in 0.1477382 seconds