corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Latest project............DADs wheels refurbished for lotus

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Latest project............DADs wheels refurbished for lotus
FlamingCorsa

User status: Offline
16th May 05 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not posted for a while really, been busy in last few days on me dads wheels! only found one set that fitted the car so he wanted them done in black and gold to match the rest of the car, just taken masking tape off after doing the gold on them, gotta laquer them now but i am pretty happy with them, got new spray gun............cost a bomb but nice finish!!!!

here are some pics of the wheels as they are now.....

me dads little colection of lotus, he just had my number plate to go on the elan also so they are all consective!!!

the EXCEL, the one the new wheels are going on cos we found that these are actually not round anymore!!!!! bit worring, common fault on the excel

the ESPRIT, JPS, not oftern this one goes out but is my fav, not looking to bad for over 25years old!!!!!!!

the ELAN, dad only just got this one,

its also a little upsetting that he is paying about £350 for insurance on ALL 3 of them

little pic of my 2 babies sitting in the corner also:-) i soooooo want jagcorsa on the road at the moment!!!! or even the astra if insurance company wud let me - lol

hope u like the pics, wots ur fave lotus out the 3 then............

[Edited on 16-05-2005 by FlamingCorsa]
Adge

16th May 05 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a mint garage!
waynep

i saw an iaz plate on a jeep the other day near coventry doubt it was you tho lol just thought id say there are some u havnt got haha
CorsAsh

WHat spraygun have you got then? Wheels looking nice fella...
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

16th May 05 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jag corsa looks as if it needs a clean mate. I like the Esprit. Nice little collection there.
FlamingCorsa

16th May 05 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-crazy
i saw an iaz plate on a jeep the other day near coventry doubt it was you tho lol just thought id say there are some u havnt got haha

well dad has a keep with iaz plate u can c the front in the last pic with jagcorsa on it! lol, could have been me dad!!!!!!! was it green jeep cherokee????
Adam-D

16th May 05 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what jobs do you both do?
FlamingCorsa

16th May 05 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gone for a devilbiss GTI gun with 1.4 tip! finally got a gravity fed one so much nicer than suction feed!

jagcorsa really does need a clean it really dusty!!! poor car, want to rip the dash out soon and spray that with some 2pac laquer and fit an alram also to the car
FlamingCorsa

16th May 05 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
what jobs do you both do?

i am a chef..............

dads a farmer............ dont be fooled by how much money in how much them lotus have cost!!!!! the excel u can pick up for around 3k now, the esprit is around 5k ish, and elan was 5k also! so 3 lotus for the same price and a new people carrier really - lol, i know wot i wud prefer

just u have 3 mots, 3 tax disks to buy - lol

the excel has not required anything done for the last 3-4mots, pretty impressive for a lotus with there record - lol

[Edited on 16-05-2005 by FlamingCorsa]
CorsAsh

16th May 05 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa
gone for a devilbiss GTI gun with 1.4 tip! finally got a gravity fed one so much nicer than suction feed!

jagcorsa really does need a clean it really dusty!!! poor car, want to rip the dash out soon and spray that with some 2pac laquer and fit an alram also to the car

Just got a GF one myself for my 21st, same nozzle size, but its a Clarke one instead of DVB . Can't wait to have a play with it, sick of suction making my life harder
Ojc

16th May 05 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are a talented young man indeed.
FlamingCorsa

16th May 05 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
quote:

Just got a GF one myself for my 21st, same nozzle size, but its a Clarke one instead of DVB . Can't wait to have a play with it, sick of suction making my life harder

had a sealy one with 1.6 tip to start with was ok for spay flaming corsa, then got a low range davilbiss suction feed one, that broke on me so been trying got get a gti off evay for ages, go for so much money so in the end got it for £240 delivered with vat etc! good price, just not much in the box for 240 notes quality is superb tho, hopefully this one will last
CorsAsh

16th May 05 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seem to be gettin good results anyway, no idea what mine cost, not overly bothered as it was a present and it's got a nice weight to it. Not much point me forkin out £240 for somethin I'll use a few times a year
Nismo

16th May 05 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheels look good , you have some ever so sweet cars im soooo jelous of that garage space
FlamingCorsa

16th May 05 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Seem to be gettin good results anyway, no idea what mine cost, not overly bothered as it was a present and it's got a nice weight to it. Not much point me forkin out £240 for somethin I'll use a few times a year

still doing same job at the end of the day no matter wot gun u have!!! grevity is good tho, less mess, u will enjoy using it mate!!! and u use all the paint instead of having leftovers in bottom
CorsAsh

16th May 05 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, think thats one of the things that pisses me off the most, or when level gets low and you have to hold the gun at a funny angle to get any through
jeff8png

16th May 05 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheels look stunning mate, i'd go for the ESPIRIT out of the 3 lotus'.
Skipz

quote:

the ESPRIT, JPS, not oftern this one goes out but is my fav, not looking to bad for over 25years old!!!!!!!

Not hard to look good when the general shape of the car hasnt changed in nearly 30years

It's gotta be my fave out of the three
FlamingCorsa

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
wheels look good , you have some ever so sweet cars im soooo jelous of that garage space

i tried to get classic car insurance on an elan after me dad got one then could use no claims to try and insure the jagcorsa and swap the astra for elan for the summer but i gotta be 25 before u can insure on classice car policy!!

instead i have 3 cars, on naff corsa i can insure, one mad looking on i cant insure i doubt and a fast astra i am strugling to insuce - lol

every one in local town dont understand y i have gone from nice car to the bog standard red corsa!!!! not many locals know i have the corsa or astra - hehe
FlamingCorsa

16th May 05 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah, think thats one of the things that pisses me off the most, or when level gets low and you have to hold the gun at a funny angle to get any through

that is sooooo tru, always happens when i was doing the roof or important part of the car where need steady flow of paint and just splutters instead - lol

ummmm orange peel effect - lol
FlamingCorsa

16th May 05 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by h18_oab
quote:

Not hard to look good when the general shape of the car hasnt changed in nearly 30years

It's gotta be my fave out of the three

yea true, also helps with it being fibreglass, dread to think wot the astra will be like in 13 years time when thats same age as the esprit - lol

a little rusty i expect!!!!!!!
Rob H

16th May 05 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ. I felt bad spending £30 on a spray gun . That said I was actually quite pleased with the finish of my bumper when i did it (except for the bits that id fucked up myself- stone chips, lacquer runs, bits of my dads jumper when he brushed past it while i was putting the last bit of colour i had left on it ).

Admit that a gravity fed gun would be ace, especially when spraying stuff like bumpers where you need to get the gun in all kinds of angles to get a good coverage .
Nismo

16th May 05 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

i tried to get classic car insurance on an elan after me dad got one then could use no claims to try and insure the jagcorsa and swap the astra for elan for the summer but i gotta be 25 before u can insure on classice car policy!!

instead i have 3 cars, on naff corsa i can insure, one mad looking on i cant insure i doubt and a fast astra i am strugling to insuce - lol

every one in local town dont understand y i have gone from nice car to the bog standard red corsa!!!! not many locals know i have the corsa or astra - hehe

thast strange, i can put the RX on a classic car policy providing i stay under 5000 miles a year but i use it everyday so i cant
Rob H

16th May 05 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
thast strange, i can put the RX on a classic car policy providing i stay under 5000 miles a year but i use it everyday so i cant

Ive never understood the whole milage thing, as its very rare it would get checked? Surely as long as you dont piss too many fat biker dudes of you should be fine .
VegasPhil
Premium Member

16th May 05 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mighty Fine Garage

What happened to the Red Corsa you turned back into a Merit?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Latest project............DADs wheels refurbished for lotus 23 database queries in 0.0174160 seconds